Gimbal Guard/Brace

JLP

Reaction score
I have read a few posts about gimbal guards that interfere with the drone's sensors in flight. Is there any type of gimbal guard/brace that wont impact the stabilty and sensors on the P4P?. I may be wrong, but it seems that a brace in between the legs would protect the camera and also keep the legs from bending in the event of a crash. Any ideas?

When I first used a gimbal guard I got to a height of 60 metres. When I tried to return to the ground the guard interfered with the sensors. I kept my hand on the downward control for 3 seconds and then the engine switched of as it thought the drone was on the ground. With hindsight I should have switched the downward sensors off. But being a newbie I panicked. Cost of guard a few pound. Cost of repair to P4 £190. Have not used a Guard since.

Reactions: John Locke
I had a YOYO effect with my P4 when using a gimbal guard. Once I figure out the gimbal guard was causing this anomaly, I threw it away and never used one since. I suggest you forget the gimbal guard idea and focus on learning to fly really good so you don't crash, alleviating the need to mitigate damage. There is a lot more value in that versus putting armor on your craft that reduces flight time, IMO.

Reactions: Timinator
When I first used a gimbal guard I got to a height of 60 metres. When I tried to return to the ground the guard interfered with the sensors. I kept my hand on the downward control for 3 seconds and then the engine switched of as it thought the drone was on the ground. With hindsight I should have switched the downward sensors off. But being a newbie I panicked. Cost of guard a few pound. Cost of repair to P4 £190. Have not used a Guard since.
Ouch. I can totally see this happening. Lesson learned at least.

THIS....!!!!! A 1000x THIS!!!!

I thought I was losing my mind. Like...geezus..I am telling it to come down...wtf??? Turned out to be gimbal guard just like they are saying. When you are trying to get close to roofs the last thing you want is some piece of plastic confusing the bird and causing it to pogo stick off someone’s shingles...

I had the guard/brace cause an “downward sensor error, land immediately!” I’ll Never use it again! Seemed like a good idea at first! Didn’t know what other things it could cause, that info from other posters is priceless!
Thanks everybody

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94