Gimbal doesn´t work!!!

Reaction score
Last Monday, the 17th, I received my Phantom 2 Vision +. Four very good flights without any fall and yesterday when I was going to do one more, after connecting the phantom, the gimbal does not work! Like it was dead! (watch vídeo) On the application transmits video, but the gimbal is dead.
I connected the Phantom to the PC for any possible update, but the problem remain.

Any ideas? Please Help me!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4tmkdwhphpjj ... .15.24.mp4

Check all the connectors (on the gimbal & inside the other end inside the Phantom). Make sure they are fully seated.

Try plugging the gimbal USB port into your computer with the Phantom powered up and a memory card inserted. Are you able to see the drive from your computer? Can you access the memory card from the computer?

Plug into the assistant. Does the camera show up?

When i plugged the gimbal USB port into my computer, it install the drives, but i can't see the drive with the memory card inserted.

How can i check the connectors? I need to open the phantom?

If you get the drive showing up it means the gimbal's card reader has power. Odd that you can see the drive, but can't read the memory card? .Is the green light on the front of the gimbal illuminated when the Phantom is powered on?

The gimbal assemble has three connections. The external cables are the gray cables you can see just above the gimbal base. Are they all fully seated in their sockets? To check the internal connection of those cables, you will need to open the Phantom. You need to trace those gray cables to their internal connection points and make sure they are all fully connected.

I found the reason!!!! Very strange... The gimbal doesn't work because the memory Card has some problem. The gimbal works without any card inserted. When i switch on the phantom with a damaged memory card inserted, the gimbal doesn't work. I try with another memory card and it works perfectly.

Any reason because this happens?

Very strange. Have you tried another memory card just to be sure it works then? Better a memory card than your gimbal!

Try formatting the card outside of the Phantom and see if you can then get it to format with the Phantom afterwards. My experience with memory cards is, once they start acting up, just replace them because they are going to keep having issues and you will lose data.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor