Gimbal Dead

Reaction score
My gimbal appears dead after flying once since the recent update. When I boot up my P4P, the camera centers itself horizontally but doesn't do the normal "dance". Also, I have no control over vertical tilt. I've treated rebooting multiple times and refreshing the firmware. Calibrating the gimbal freezes at 5%.

Any ideas?

Exactly the same problem yesterday, after upgrading the firmware and IMU calibration. I just returned it for replacement.

I was able to fix the problem by downgrading to the 2nd oldest firmware and then incrementally upgrading to the 2nd most recent firmware.

Reactions: AIRSPACE
Same issue here I don't think it related to ground clearance. As you mentioned I believe it's a firmware issue I haven't downgraded yet but will today.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

:) there you KykPhantom, hope the video helped. The new startup process for the gimbal has changed in latest firmware. It is just my opinion, but I do believe this was a result once one startup where gimbal detected an obstruction *(couldn't complete) it noted this to the 'blackbox' of the drone to not tilt gimbal past that point as there could be an obstruction. It is inbuilt safety thing, if there was an obstruction like even loose sand the gimbal would just grind itself to death without any sort of safe guard mechanism in software

:) there you KykPhantom, hope the video helped. The new startup process for the gimbal has changed in latest firmware. It is just my opinion, but I do believe this was a result once one startup where gimbal detected an obstruction *(couldn't complete) it noted this to the 'blackbox' of the drone to not tilt gimbal past that point as there could be an obstruction. It is inbuilt safety thing, if there was an obstruction like even loose sand the gimbal would just grind itself to death without any sort of safe guard mechanism in software
Yes, I think you are right! - thank you!

I know this is an old thread but now I have this issue grrr !!

Any way of rolling back to that ancient version of firmware ? ??

I know this is an old thread but now I have this issue grrr !!

Any way of rolling back to that ancient version of firmware ? [emoji85][emoji23]

I don’t have a 4 Pro, but there are numerous how-to videos on YouTube dealing with downgrading firmware on different DJI versions.

Just be sure to select the appropriate video for your application, AFTER previewing a few of them. Some are produced poorly with little explanation of steps needed to downgrade or upgrade your firmware. Good luck !

I don’t have a 4 Pro, but there are numerous how-to videos on YouTube dealing with downgrading firmware on different DJI versions.

Just be sure to select the appropriate video for your application, AFTER previewing a few of them. Some are produced poorly with little explanation of steps needed to downgrade or upgrade your firmware. Good luck !

Thanks .. only seems to be the latest and the one before say grr [emoji85]

Ok. Have you tried msinger’s site ‘Phantomhelp.com’? There is a section that deals with ‘firmware ‘ on most models of Phantoms.

Msinger is a regular contributor here on the forum.

Thank you . Yeah I’ve checked that out and tried to downgrade to the oldest firmware using dumldore etc.. no go

I’ll have to send this cursed thing into the drone hospital :)

Thank you . Yeah I’ve checked that out and tried to downgrade to the oldest firmware using dumldore etc.. no go

I’ll have to send this cursed thing into the drone hospital :)

Unfortunately, sometimes that is the only option left. If it goes back to DJI, it will probably return with the latest and greatest firmware......but at least it will fly normally. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic