Gimbal Crash Protector Ribbon Cable Saver For DJI Phantom 3 Pro ...good or bad

Reaction score
Has any install this device on their PHANTOM 3 PRO or others and did it protect the ribbon on hard landing or crash more then if you did not have it installed . Just curious . Also would this void the warranty ,because you are actually trying to protect the device . Thanks fo any comments

Has any install this device on their PHANTOM 3 PRO or others and did it protect the ribbon on hard landing or crash more then if you did not have it installed . Just curious . Also would this void the warranty ,because you are actually trying to protect the device . Thanks fo any comments
I have one on both P3S and P3P. Never crashed.

As to warranty, I don't know, however, I did remove mine when I sent my P3S in for warranty work. I was more afraid of not getting the same equipment returned than I was afraid of voiding the warranty.

Thanks for comment . Was just wondering if it actually does protect the gimbal from real damage

This is product

Attachments

• ribbon protector.jpg
    ribbon protector.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 353
If you exert a force on the gimbal, that force needs to be absorbed somewhere. If it's big enough to break aluminum, it will break aluminum somewhere. By reinforcing it, you can only shift the weak spot. Plus by adding mass, you are adding to the force - see Newton's laws.

I have seen several of my contemporaries use very small loose "Zip-Ties" through the two rubber Gimbal supports with holes through them. Saying that it would help prevent the entire Gimbal from breaking away.

Thanks for comment . Was just wondering if it actually does protect the gimbal from real damage
If you compare that part to what's there now, you would see the difference. I can't believe it wouldn't mitigate more severe damage to the ribbon cable in the event of a crash or hard landing.

Don't pay too much. I've seen these for as little as $7 and as much as $49 for the same part.

And try searching th forum some more. I'm pretty sure I've seen more posts from people who have these installed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4