Gimbal camera motor very hot!

Reaction score
Before taking off today I notice the camera wasn't facing forward but on an angle. I gave her a touch and she went straight. I had full movement up and down. Then The motor that drives the camera started get warm which gave me less movement. Finally the motor was very hot, with no movement at all. Looks like I might have a bad brushless motor. Is this common? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Before taking off today I notice the camera wasn't facing forward but on an angle. I gave her a touch and she went straight. I had full movement up and down. Then The motor that drives the camera started get warm which gave me less movement. Finally the motor was very hot, with no movement at all. Looks like I might have a bad brushless motor. Is this common? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Hello Alex. I was wondering if you ever received a response to this post? I have a similar issue and it appears that there is a tight spot on my camera tilt motor. It does not fully tilt and after a few minutes it is super hot. I'd appreciate knowing what you have found. I too suspect either a bad motor OR my recently replaced ribbon cable is creating a strain that the motor can not overcome during the tilt operation.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl