Gimbal Board Issue

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Victor from Nigeria and I'm an owner of DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Please I would like to be advised on what to do. For a while now I have been having issues with my Camera and Gimbal control. The Camera won't face from or up, it acts erratically and this has made it hard for me to fly it in almost 3 months now. So this morning I took it out to see if I could fix it, then I noticed the bunch of grey cables that connects the camera to the Gimbal board were not properly stuck in, so I pushed the socked in with a key, then also tried to push in one of the 2 black flat cables in properly maybe that would solve the cameral issues - on switching on the drone I realize smokes were coming out from the Gimbal board - this has really made me so sad all day. I would like to know please if there is s way I could still revive my drone from this situation and how I can actually get a new board for my Gimbal if it comes to that. Please I need your advice and help! Thank you in anticipation!

Hi, I'm Victor from Nigeria and I'm an owner of DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Please I would like to be advised on what to do. For a while now I have been having issues with my Camera and Gimbal control. The Camera won't face from or up, it acts erratically and this has made it hard for me to fly it in almost 3 months now. So this morning I took it out to see if I could fix it, then I noticed the bunch of grey cables that connects the camera to the Gimbal board were not properly stuck in, so I pushed the socked in with a key, then also tried to push in one of the 2 black flat cables in properly maybe that would solve the cameral issues - on switching on the drone I realize smokes were coming out from the Gimbal board - this has really made me so sad all day. I would like to know please if there is s way I could still revive my drone from this situation and how I can actually get a new board for my Gimbal if it comes to that. Please I need your advice and help! Thank you in anticipation!

Hi, sorry to say it sounds like you damaged the grey cables possibly when you pushed them in with a key, if so you may also have damaged the mainboard, as for the gimbal board they occasionally come up on ebay or facebook maket place, but you may be throwing good money after bad, you would be best finding someone with a working advanced and finding out just how much damage you have done and if its worth reparing

Good morning.

Last July I did a repair which ended in a smoke issue which was nothing more than damage to the Gimbal Cable (Black). Hopefully yours is also just wire damage (Grey or Black or Both).
This is the link to the article:

Regards

Hi, sorry to say it sounds like you damaged the grey cables possibly when you pushed them in with a key, if so you may also have damaged the mainboard, as for the gimbal board they occasionally come up on ebay or facebook maket place, but you may be throwing good money after bad, you would be best finding someone with a working advanced and finding out just how much damage you have done and if its worth reparing
I bought my P3 Standard used on eBay and paid like $325 for it. These are old models and are not really worth repairing in my opinion. Mine crashed in the marina and I was able to recover it (salt water). I dunked it in a bucket of fresh water immediately after rescuing it and then let it dry out in sun for two days. It finally came back to life and the only thing wrong with it is there is no video feed. The gimbal powers up fine and works, but no video. Since then I have purchased a DJI Mini 2 for about $700 and it is such a joy to fly compared to the P3. It's quite, small and easy to take ANYWHERE and it films amazing video in 4K. I wasn't planning to ever fly the P3 again, but then I thought of a great idea what to do with it... I'm going to remove the gimbal/camera and mount an FPV camera on it so I can fly FPV style. Just need to figue out how to mount the components and it should be a blast to fly at full speed terrorizing the neighborhood with its loud and obnoxious props. Just a thought on what you might do with yours...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31