gimbal base plate cracked

Reaction score
looks like I have a cracked gimbal base plate. The unit will start up and initialize, and camera still works, but the yaw arm is not free so it acts ready to go, then goes limp. All systems appear to be go, but props will not start so it will not fly.

lost power (?!?) and it dropped like a stone onto hard dirt. cracked the legs and a prop guard in addition to the plate

I am planning to replace the gimbal base plate, since all the movable parts seem to be undamaged. There are many videos out there to follow.

Questions:
- anything I may be overlooking?
- suggestions on a vendor for the plate? Would rather pay $49 (or less) than $99, don't want to get inferior parts either.

Thanks!

Photos: cracks, more cracks, yaw arm not 90 degrees from plate (see "cracks")

View media item 1215View media item 1214View media item 1213

Last edited:
Whoaaaaa if it fell out the sky I would definitely send in to Dji for warranty repair / replacement. Have had one p3p replaced/ repaired and currently awaiting for another. (Hopefully they warranty it like before ) worst case scenario they deem the crash was your fault they will quote u a price to fix it properly by Dji themselves . If it is too high and / or if you decide u can fix on your own ( I'm pretty sure they quote you for parts and labor -so u know exactly what needs replacing . )they will mail it back to u unfixed free of charge I'm sure If u don't pay and have it mailed back to u。 if the yaw arm is bent it can be unbent or replaced with oem or aftermarket parts . If the yaw arm is in a bind , there's a grub screw at the top see if u can loosen it and pull the camera downward to free up motion . Again I would contact Dji first and foremost

I lost power it was critical landing didn't make it back RTH because of wind. It actually was landing made it 75' below the starting elevation. It dropped 225' out of sight, It wasn't pretty. No warranty. Broken landing gear camera laying on ground gimbal arm bent hitting its own mounting plate. Total Bill $286.00, the main expense was the control board.

I lost power it was critical landing didn't make it back RTH because of wind. It actually was landing made it 75' below the starting elevation. It dropped 225' out of sight, It wasn't pretty. No warranty. Broken landing gear camera laying on ground gimbal arm bent hitting its own mounting plate. Total Bill $286.00, the main expense was the control board.

Repaired through Dji support in California ? If so that's not that bad of a bill

California
Landing gear right component $10.00 (even though it looks they replaced both)
Central control board component $176.00
Phantom3 roll axis component $ 22.00
P3C_GIMBAL_A9_120_FPC_V4 $ 13.00
Repair Service $ 65.00
No charge for shipping the send you a Fedex Label
Next you are going to ask me how long did it take.
:rolleyes:

Advanced - Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?

Your welcome
;)

California
Landing gear right component $10.00 (even though it looks they replaced both)
Central control board component $176.00
Phantom3 roll axis component $ 22.00
P3C_GIMBAL_A9_120_FPC_V4 $ 13.00
Repair Service $ 65.00
No charge for shipping the send you a Fedex Label
Next you are going to ask me how long did it take.
:rolleyes:

Advanced - Grounded on Day 2. Camera Fail?

Your welcome
;)

great info, thanks! Sounds pretty cost-efficient, considering the damage.

so-o-o...how long did it take? :smirk:
I only ask because here and there comments have suggested many weeks to months.

Har, Har click the link, I am still one step ahead....

looks like I have a cracked gimbal base plate. The unit will start up and initialize, and camera still works, but the yaw arm is not free so it acts ready to go, then goes limp. All systems appear to be go, but props will not start so it will not fly.

lost power (?!?) and it dropped like a stone onto hard dirt. cracked the legs and a prop guard in addition to the plate

I am planning to replace the gimbal base plate, since all the movable parts seem to be undamaged. There are many videos out there to follow.

Questions:
- anything I may be overlooking?
- suggestions on a vendor for the plate? Would rather pay $49 (or less) than $99, don't want to get inferior parts either.

Thanks!

Photos: cracks, more cracks, yaw arm not 90 degrees from plate (see "cracks")

View media item 1215View media item 1214View media item 1213
"You do not have permission to view photos in this album"...After breaking an ear off my gimbal base last night, I am curious as to what you broke, the actual gimbal base, or the attachment plate the gimbal attaches to? No pics can be seen.

Hum, yes I am at home now on the garage computer. Using FireFox with a script blocker and a ad-blocker.
Just tried GChrome same-o, its still don't work No-Per.
Worked before...

Squirrel!
You messed it up, you got some fixing to do.
:)

"You do not have permission to view photos in this album"...After breaking an ear off my gimbal base last night, I am curious as to what you broke, the actual gimbal base, or the attachment plate the gimbal attaches to? No pics can be seen.
Hmmm...
I noticed the photos were not showing today, and thought I never added them. So I added them today. They show up in my thread. Sorry.

They were actually pictures and not links when I saw them.

The photos are showing for me, but you posted pics from the media gallery. I usually just drag photos onto the post and load them that way.

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 10.42.27 PM✨.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31