Gimbal arm tweak ...... opinions needed

Reaction score
gimbal_8256a.jpg

My gimbal arm needs a tweak. See the play between(two arrows) the motor and where it attached to the potentiometer casing. If I push that back so it is flush/tight the 'gimbal obstruction error' clears and the camera goes through it's check cycle normally .... but it is only being held by gravity and if it slips to the position that it is shown in .... then there is too much resistance on the motor. Also the back of the camera is slightly rubbing on the outer edge of the black ribbon wire as it pans downwards. I think it needs a slight tweak in two directions ... the question is which way and what arm to tweak because by eyeballing it I can't detect any bend at all in any direction ... it all looks straight as an arrow. If somebody could post a similar angled photo of the normal space between the back of the camera and ribbon cable and also how flush/tight the motor is normally against the back of the potentiometer case ...... it would be a big help and for starters.

Attachments

• gimbal_8256a.jpg
    gimbal_8256a.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 504
Thanks, that's it. But I can't find the exact angle I'm looking for and thus I'm reluctant to fiddle with it until I see what the clearances are in normal operating condition. Don't know if the ribbon is askew or the arm slightly bent, as to why the back of the camera is brushing the black ribbon cable. Should the black ribbon cable be protruding (a c hair)from it's metal conduit casing as it makes a right angle in behind the camera backing? ... because it is. Gluing the motor to the pot casing may be a short term fiix option or better yet a slight tweak and then a glue. Dunno ....

View attachment 18744
My gimbal arm needs a tweak. See the play between(two arrows) the motor and where it attached to the potentiometer casing. If I push that back so it is flush/tight the 'gimbal obstruction error' clears and the camera goes through it's check cycle normally .... but it is only being held by gravity and if it slips to the position that it is shown in .... then there is too much resistance on the motor. Also the back of the camera is slightly rubbing on the outer edge of the black ribbon wire as it pans downwards. I think it needs a slight tweak in two directions ... the question is which way and what arm to tweak because by eyeballing it I can't detect any bend at all in any direction ... it all looks straight as an arrow. If somebody could post a similar angled photo of the normal space between the back of the camera and ribbon cable and also how flush/tight the motor is normally against the back of the potentiometer case ...... it would be a big help and for starters.

It looks like your 3 motor screws have backed out. You are in danger of ripping everything to pieces. You must remove the roll motor brushless controller housingcover. There are 3 screws to remove that back plate, the smaller diameter one goes in the middle. Then you will need to carefully get behind the brushless motor control board and tighten the 3 identical motor mount screws.

If you have any questions email me. [email protected]

Jeremy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers