Gimbal antennas

If he is trying to get range then why is he taking apart the P3 Standard.... just mod the tx

If he is trying to get range then why is he taking apart the P3 Standard.... just mod the tx
Other than he is gonna mod both as I have ...I haven't a clue :)

There is no 5.8, both video and control are 2.4ghz in the P3P/A. Can you tell us what distances you are getting? Have you set a custom channel that's the least busy?

Forget what said.

Sorry, I'm in the wrong forum, I thought I was in the pro section

Last edited:
There is no 5.8, both video and control are 2.4ghz in the P3P/A. Can you tell us what distances you are getting? Have you set a custom channel that's the least busy?

No custom channels on the P3S. Only on the P3A/P3P.

OP, have you looked into the itelite dbs antenna for your remote? thatll probably be the easier first upgrade.

BTW, do we need to put that plastic insert guard for the gimble everytime I put it in a hard case and walk around with it?

It's kind of hard to put in and I feel I can cause more damage if I do it wrong. Plus what if I turn it on and the gimble does it's 360 circular calibration movement with the guard on?

BTW, do we need to put that plastic insert guard for the gimble everytime I put it in a hard case and walk around with it?

It's kind of hard to put in and I feel I can cause more damage if I do it wrong. Plus what if I turn it on and the gimble does it's 360 circular calibration movement with the guard on?

If you turn it on with the gimbal lock, the app will say gimbal motor overload.

Gimbal lock is pretty important during transport, if you dont like the one from DJI, there are other options. thats probably the next thing i will be buying.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help (under gimbal lock) EDIT: these are the gimbal locks for the P3P/P3A

This is an option for the P3S
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal lock & lens cover. 3d printed

Last edited:
+JetFalcon Yes, you should put on the gimbal guard every single time you put it in a case to carry it around (if you don't the gimbal will slam around in the backpack and get damaged. Just be gentle putting the gimbal protector on and don't be too harsh handling it. If you turn the copter on with the guard on, and it does the calibration, then in the dji go app it will say "gimbal overload".. A couple times that happened to me with my p3 pro and I shut off the copter, removed the gimbal guard, then turned it back on with no problems, but there is still a risk of something getting damaged if you do it.

Hope that helps :) !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic