Gimbal antennas

Reaction score
Does the two antennas do the same function . like just transmit the same signal? I've Ben searching evrywere and can't figure it out yet..

If you mean the ones coming down the skids ..they are 5.8 and control your bird .
The 2 cables coming out the top of the gimbal go to 2 panel antennas inside the
bird and are 2.4 and are for FPV.

Reactions: GregWV
I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶J̶I̶ ̶P̶h̶a̶n̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶3̶ ̶A̶d̶v̶a̶n̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶f̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶4̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶b̶r̶i̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶t̶e̶n̶n̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶m̶b̶e̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶g̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶L̶i̶g̶h̶t̶b̶r̶i̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶A̶N̶D̶ ̶r̶c̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶i̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶4̶ ̶a̶n̶t̶e̶n̶n̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶g̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶(̶f̶p̶v̶)̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶c̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶a̶l̶.̶

Sorry, didn't notice this is in the DJI Phantom 3 Standard o_O

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response.. Well what I mean does the fpv 2.4ghz dual antennas signal just broadcast video feed from the bird to my tablet as a WiFi signal?

I have a P3 Pro, but from what i've seen online, there is a 5.8 Ghz patch antenna inside the transmitter for the live video feed, and there is a 2.4 Ghz antenna sticking out of the front of the transmitter that is for the control of the drone. What specific part are you asking about?

And there is some kind of wifi transmitter antenna inside to provide the wifi hotspot to connect to a phone for use with the DJI Go app

monker thumbup.gif

I mean does any one no the direction signals flow in and out of 2.4 antennas and how does the signal feed to my tablet.. those pics are from in my p3s..

Attachments

• 1451447926120.jpg
    1451447926120.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 393
  • 1451447957900.jpg
    1451447957900.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 347
OK..picture from inside the bird is the 5.8 and the other is 2.4
Now I really don't have a clue what you really want to know .If I knew
where you was going with this I might could help you .
What are you doing ?

I'm all over the place I no.sorry. Let me start with I'm sick of the crappy range with my video. I've norrowed it down too the birds fpv antennas. There's two of them panel type antennas connected to the gimbal. Similar to the two I replaced in my control. Im trying to figure out if. 1. video from gimbal transmits to my control then from control to the app on tablet.. Or 2. Gimbal directly to app on tablet?

It's from the copter to the transmitter's 5.8 patch antennas, to wifi converter hotspot to phone/tablet --> to DJI Go app

I'm all over the place I no.sorry. Let me start with I'm sick of the crappy range with my video. I've norrowed it down too the birds fpv antennas. There's two of them panel type antennas connected to the gimbal. Similar to the two I replaced in my control. Im trying to figure out if. 1. video from gimbal transmits to my control then from control to the app on tablet.. Or 2. Gimbal directly to app on tablet?

It's from the copter to the transmitter's 5.8 patch antennas, to wifi converter hotspot to phone/tablet --> to DJI Go app
No patch antennas for 5.8 but dipoles...
Down legs on quad to stick antenna on controller then to device .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4