Getting over being nervous.

Reaction score
I have had the P3 for a couple of weeks. Weather has made it hard to get a lot of flights in, but today clear with moderate winds and went flying. I am so nervous and worried about it flying away! I read to many horror stories. I know I am flying safe in clear spaces with craft in sight but all that means nothing if it just decides to go! Irrational fears I know. Btw - today's flight was great and she gave me no surprises.

I have heard a couple stories about crashing. I have yet to hear of a real, documented "fly away". Go enjoy it.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Confidence comes with time and experience. Keep doing what you doing and you'll be fine. Push your boundaries bit by bit, stay in those open spaces and away from trees and buildings and just get out there and enjoy. You'll be just fine.

Reactions: ianwood
Drinking-Scotch-for-the-first-time....jpg

Reactions: ianwood
Get a little hubsan Q4 (or similar) and fly it all the time - your brain will quite quickly 'click' into quads and your skills could easily save your Phantom when/if something odd happens.

Reactions: cjmwales
Confidence comes with time and experience. Keep doing what you doing and you'll be fine. Push your boundaries bit by bit, stay in those open spaces and away from trees and buildings and just get out there and enjoy. You'll be just fine.

Good advice.

Not so good advice.

But it does look tasty. Mmmmm bourbon!

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Sometimes I notice my heart is pounding when I'm taking it up. Adrenealine or something because I too worry about losing control of it and it crashing somewhere. This past Saturday I faced my fears and flew it over water a good distance..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Practice the Return to Home function a few times with the P3 in sight the whole time. It will give you confidence it will always find its way home. I turned off my controller with my P3 100 feet away and watched it pause and then fly right to where it took off. I'm more nervous about hitting trees or power lines than it flying away.

I have had the P3 for a couple of weeks. Weather has made it hard to get a lot of flights in, but today clear with moderate winds and went flying. I am so nervous and worried about it flying away! I read to many horror stories. I know I am flying safe in clear spaces with craft in sight but all that means nothing if it just decides to go! Irrational fears I know. Btw - today's flight was great and she gave me no surprises.

I was the same way lol. But, recently I flew over the water at my local beach and right at the moment of flying it over the water all my butterflies went away and it was such an awesome experience/thrill. Now I fly anywhere and everywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.