Getting my Drone Journey

Was delayed due to customs apparently, does this happen alot? Or?

Hopefully have it by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.

I don't know much about customs and shipping from country to country, except from China, and I know they seem like they're dragging their feet a lot of times, but remember, this thing has a battery, and airlines are sticky about batteries on planes. It'll get there, right when you expect its lost in the mail and isn't coming. Just cool you jets and be as patient as possible. You'll be flyin before you know it. Just do the steps when it does get there.

Was delayed due to customs apparently, does this happen alot? Or?

Hopefully have it by the end of this week. Fingers crossed.
The customs kept my drone 1 week so you should have your done on time :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My drone arrived at the wearhouse yesterday, (2 feb) its currently out for delivery and I should, HOPEFULLY, have it Today, if not. Thursday 4 Feb. Fingers crossed!

It's on it's way. A few hours at most. So excited! I'll be recording unboxing and first flights ect. I'll be posting links

Hope it goes well Bobby. Mine arrived 2 hours ago so I'm just getting everything charged up and updated before heading out for my first flight.

I know you don't want to hear this, but take your time. Go over the manual, check everything and make sure you're comfortable with it. If you've never flown a phantom, they're really easy to fly, but they're really easy to get yourself in trouble with if you don't know everything about how it works and reacts. I know how it is, my box arrived a while back, and I was tempted, but I know so much more now than I did then. Just be careful. It takes longer than "hours" to learn everything you need to know about these machines.

Reactions: Bobby Wig and AlexT
Yes, very sound advice. I'm not planning on being silly - I've invested too much money into this to be reckless. Thanks for the 'grounding'(!)

I know you don't want to hear this, but take your time. Go over the manual, check everything and make sure you're comfortable with it. If you've never flown a phantom, they're really easy to fly, but they're really easy to get yourself in trouble with if you don't know everything about how it works and reacts. I know how it is, my box arrived a while back, and I was tempted, but I know so much more now than I did then. Just be careful. It takes longer than "hours" to learn everything you need to know about these machines.

Yes, very sound advice. I'm not planning on being silly - I've invested too much money into this to be reckless. Thanks for the 'grounding'(!)
I forgot to say have fun too.

Finally arriving today (UPS), my Phantom 3 Standard! It should be like Christmas for me when I arrive home from work today :) So I know how you feel Bobby.

Reactions: AlexT

I've been watching videos for a while now. I'm flying it and ive not crashed.

It's lost connection (signal) at near 80m...? But I managed to bring it back home using the feature, I've used waypoints and poi and all went really well. I've also manually lifted and taken off.

But I've been really Safe.

What should I look out for?

I've been watching videos for a while now. I'm flying it and ive not crashed.

It's lost connection (signal) at near 80m...? But I managed to bring it back home using the feature, I've used waypoints and poi and all went really well. I've also manually lifted and taken off.

But I've been really Safe.

What should I look out for?
The one thing I don't like, is trees. Trees in the way when you RTH, trees you forget about and crash into, your drone stuck way up in a tree(this happened to my syma), just trees in general. I learned to fly in the Ozarks...A tree every square foot it seemed like.

Always glad to hear about NOT crashing.... I got my Phantom 3S this evening and have installed the detachable prop Guards as well as updated the firmware, etc. I have my own website with information about my drones that I have experience with and other home topics, the website is: twHomeShow.com

You can follow my experience with me and my DJI Phantom 3 Standard directly here: PHANTOM 3 Standard

Tonight is Thursday (Feb.4th, 2016). I hope to take my first flight this weekend after the rain stops. I'll be sure to take videos and update everyone with the first flight results :)

Last edited:
DJI Phantom 3 | How to and Tutorial videos - YouTube

Here's some how to videos that might help if you don't find it in the manual. This kid is pretty good at explaining everything.

But, just the fact that you haven't been on here tells me you're doing ok.:)

Thank you, I've pretty muched watched all his videos on my drone,

I'm doing really well apart from the complaint from the neighbours, I'm losing single a few times, but I think that's normal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20