Getting into the Hobby with a Phantom 4

Reaction score
I'm going to receive my first DJI Quad on Friday. I got a "NEW" P4 Refurb from DJI for $729. I did get quite a bit of practice (Until a motor broke) with a "Park Flier Type" Quad without GPS Stability. I got pretty good, could easily fly inside, got pretty good with it outside even in a wind, and got use to understanding the Quad's orientation in the air.

I live in Spencerport NY, very near Lake Ontario, and I boat as well (Cruiser Yachts 3375, Cabin Cruiser). So the Drone is going to be able to capture some great video and pictures. I definitely want to get Some Polar Pro Cinema ND filters with polarization (to remove glare from the Water Surface) and to lower the Shutter speeds to 1/60th sec with a Camera frame rate of 24 or 30 fps. Can't wait to use the Quad in the Thousand Island region from my Boat.

I've been on sites comparing quads as well as Youtube on and off for quite some time, I've watched dozens upon dozens reviews, even more tutorials, then I recently saw what the new Litchi App does and it put me over the edge. I was going to get a Phantom 3 Standard, then I considered I would rather have the better remote, so I looked around to a while for a little used 3 Advanced or 3 Pro but the DJI Refurb models are a much better deal and with a Warranty. When I saw I could get the P4 for $20 bucks less than a DJI Refurb P3 Pro (minus a second battery). I decided to get the P4 with better redundancy, collision avoidance, better Positioning, Better Gimbal, and a better Camera.

I'm super Glad I waited. Today I find this site with the great news (Mavic Pro/ P4 Pro intelligent flight modes) are coming to the P4, but I'd prefer a proper Google Map in the DJI 4 app. I love the Litchi features too;1) being able to plan out missions in advance, this makes getting great video much easier without burning as much Battery and is just plain cool. 2) Wow, I was blown away when I watched a Tutorial on the Litchi Focus mode. 3) Then again with the P4's Sport Mode is going to be really cool with Litchi (using Cardboard app with cheap googles to hold my Samsung S7). I'll also get a kick'n cheap FPV option.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum Tardisman .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4