Getting good pics

Reaction score
So I have had my phantom for about 4 months, maybe 40-50 flights. I am fairly good at controlling it, but I seem to have a hard time getting the pics and videos I want. For instance, my kids were surfing of the beach in the water about 50-100 yards offshore. I was trying to get some action shots, so I flew the drone out there but really had a hard time finding them on my iPhone 6 Plus. I kept turning, pointing the camera up and down, changing altitudes, etc. Just couldn't locate them so I missed my opportunity. Any recommendations on how to frame that kind of video from far away? I was trying to go past them and film from behind, then I tried to go in front. When the drone is far away, it is very hard to tell what the camera is looking at because it isn't hi def. Should I approach from a really low altitude? Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks

Three things - practice, practice and a little luck.
The kind of shot you describe can be tricky to line up. Add a little sun glare and distance and it's not easy.
But persistence pays off.
DJI02674a-XL.jpg

Paint the front or rear of your quad, so you know which way it is facing. A larger screen will also help, as will a sun screen to increase contrast level.

Apart from that, gentle movements, as the screen may not totally keep up, so you get a tiny amount of lag. Move to fast and you will end up missing the shot you are looking for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl