Getting flight data from Ipad Mini 4 ios 9.2 to Healthy Drones

Reaction score
To start I am completely illiterate with Apple. I have a mini 4 with one app, DJI GO. I am trying to find out how to upload my flight data from the mini 4 to Healthy Drones (HD). I have done a lot of looking and found very little info on it. The one source of info that I came across a number of time was the YouTube video by Spook San Diego. He say to simply goto apps, file sharing, DJI, flight record folder from Itunes. I tried and tried with Itune Store but did not get anything like what he was showing. I called Apple and they said Itunes does not work on a Ipad.

So I tried downloading the iturns to a real computer with Win 7. That worked. I then connected my Ipad to the computer with Itunes open... and I could not believe it but after a short period of time they synced and there was Apps - DJI - Flight Records. I saved the file, uploaded it to HD and it worked perfect.

Now the next problem. I closed everything to re-step my procedures to document how to do it and now it will sync, but it will not bring up the Apps folder. I get the other folders that are empty like music, books, video etc. but no apps.

What do I have to do to bring up the app folder again? Or what is another way to upload flight data to HD???

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

Healthy Drones has an "app" for that.

It will upload the information to them when it syncs.

AD

The iTunes interface is a disaster, Apple should be ashamed of it.

Procedure:
Connect iPad to PC and fire up iTunes.
After a short while you should see a device icon in the top left (Capture1). Click that.
That should then present you with the device view with a menu along the left, including apps (Capture 2)
Click that apps button. That will show your installed apps.
Depending on the size of of your screen, you may have to scroll down using the scroll bar on the far right to get to the File Sharing part (Capture 3)
Click on the DJI Go icon to highlight it, you should now see the folders in the folder list. Highlight the FlightRecords folder and click the Save to... button (Capture 4)

... Or as AWD said, install HD Sync from the app store ;)

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 380
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    55.3 KB · Views: 469
What do I have to do to bring up the app folder again? Or what is another way to upload flight data to HD?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Excellent information above, as a new user it was most helpful, however. Having followed the procedure and got my "Flightrecords and within that folder is another "MCDatFlightRecords" folder on my desktop, I go to upload the details to "Healthydrones" only to be told there is no data. the folder contains 2 files both of these are .dat files; 2017-05-04_12-41-40_FLY011.DAT & 2017-05-04_12-41-40_FLY012.DAT

Have I missed some setting in DJI Go app? or have I screwed up somewhere. I did 2 flights, each around the 9min mark (initial flights), so would of thought relevant data should of been available?

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

@Graeme this is interesting. Please share us your aircraft fcc id number (see the bird's side label with ce1313 on it), aircraft fw, remote ctrler fcc id number (see it printed underneath the device), the remote ctrler fw, dji go app version, ios or android. It's all needed to identify as precise as possible your hw & sw configuration (because different versions proved to have different features).

So your FlightRecords folder is not containing at all DJIFlightRecord_yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss].txt files, but a subfolder named 'MCDatFlightRecords' that contains the two *.dat file you've mentioned ?

If this is the case, it would be interesting to compare these two *.dat file to the ones that are stored inside the bird, on the SD card mounted underneath the main ESC board (not the SD card from the gimbal, that stores the pics or vids you shoot).
Those files are named FLYnnn.dat (I expect you'll find there FLY011.dat & FLY012.dat files).
If these are the same, then it's an interesting way DJI has made these available in the Go app folder. In my configuration they aren't available in the Go app.

In case you don't know how to access the *.dat files from the bird, here is the chain of steps to follow:
1. Start the RC
2. Start the AC ( make sure these 2 link to each other)
3. Start the Go app
4. Go to AC -> Advanced Settings -> Enter Flight Data Mode
5. Connect the AC with an usb cable to your PC (it's bird's usb port placed on its nose, below the Phantom sticker)
6. The Folder containing the *.dat files will open on your Desktop
7. Compare by issue date or file name which of them are matching the 2 from your 'MCDatFlightRecords'.

Dat files cannot be uploaded to HealthyDrones site, these require a different approach in order to use them.
Keep us updated !

Reactions: Graeme
Have you installed HD Sync? It takes all the hassle out of downloading/uploading files and works with DJI Go and Litchi

Yep HD Sync installed and reports "Nothing to Upload", again confirmed by going to the relevant directory on the iPad and noting there is nothing but DAT files.

@Graeme this is interesting. Please share us your aircraft fcc id number (see the bird's side label with ce1313 on it), aircraft fw, remote ctrler fcc id number (see it printed underneath the device), the remote ctrler fw, dji go app version, ios or android. It's all needed to identify as precise as possible your hw & sw configuration (because different versions proved to have different features).

So your FlightRecords folder is not containing at all DJIFlightRecord_yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss].txt files, but a subfolder named 'MCDatFlightRecords' that contains the two *.dat file you've mentioned ?

If this is the case, it would be interesting to compare these two *.dat file to the ones that are stored inside the bird, on the SD card mounted underneath the main ESC board (not the SD card from the gimbal, that stores the pics or vids you shoot).
Those files are named FLYnnn.dat (I expect you'll find there FLY011.dat & FLY012.dat files).
If these are the same, then it's an interesting way DJI has made these available in the Go app folder. In my configuration they aren't available in the Go app.

In case you don't know how to access the *.dat files from the bird, here is the chain of steps to follow:
1. Start the RC
2. Start the AC ( make sure these 2 link to each other)
3. Start the Go app
4. Go to AC -> Advanced Settings -> Enter Flight Data Mode
5. Connect the AC with an usb cable to your PC (it's bird's usb port placed on its nose, below the Phantom sticker)
6. The Folder containing the *.dat files will open on your Desktop
7. Compare by issue date or file name which of them are matching the 2 from your 'MCDatFlightRecords'.

Dat files cannot be uploaded to HealthyDrones site, these require a different approach in order to use them.
Keep us updated !
The .DAT on the AC is not the same as the .dat on the tablet.

Reactions: Quest-So
Bud, please go and support Graeme further on the Mavic forum, he told me he actually has a Mavic Pro, so the matter isn't fitting to the Phantom family of drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers