Getting a different camera or lens?

Reaction score
I've spent an hour trying to find a solution, so I think I know the answer is no. I am a novice to the Phantom drones, so perhaps I missed something, or looked in the wrong place.

A friend has a Phantom 3 Pro. I want to do some video with a much wider angle lens. At least 150 Deg horizontal field of view. Is there any way to change out the lens or camera to one with a wider angle, and still be able to control the gimble?

-Joe

I've spent an hour trying to find a solution, so I think I know the answer is no. I am a novice to the Phantom drones, so perhaps I missed something, or looked in the wrong place.

A friend has a Phantom 3 Pro. I want to do some video with a much wider angle lens. At least 150 Deg horizontal field of view. Is there any way to change out the lens or camera to one with a wider angle, and still be able to control the gimble?

-Joe
Here's one on ebay. 140 degree FOV. Seller has 30 day return policy if you don't like it.

Or try here. 123 degree FOV.

Last edited:
I've spent an hour trying to find a solution, so I think I know the answer is no.
You were right, there's nothing made that will do that for you.
You can't get that kind of viewing angle for even expensive SLR camera without going to a fisheye.

Just measured my P3A and the camera face is about 20º behind the front legs so unless you can get the replacement lens further forward you'll see the front legs in the frame.
If you do that you will be putting extra strain on the gimbal and that's not the strongest thing

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. This morning I did find alternative lenses. Most were telephoto. They did have one that was wider.
They say it is a 19.98 35mm equivalent. So around 89 deg horizontal field of vision... not really a difference, buy they tout less distortion.

Though, the legs restricting the field of view is a major limit. So it looks like I am restricted to using a camera on a stick for now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj