Geo system not showing on tablet

Reaction score
Had a weird issue yesterday. Had a job outside a stadium, so of course I checked DJI's NFZ maps ahead of time to ensure no issues. On the old system, the area is a no authorization red zone. On the Geo system there's no restriction whatsoever. I also emailed DJI to confirm this.

Get there, power up with my tablet, which is running Android Go 4.0.7.... and it's a NFZ. I go into the settings menu to see if maybe Geo isn't enabled... and it's not even THERE as an option. Unplug the tablet, switch to my phone (also on Android Go4, but 4.0.2)... Geo is now showing as an option and I can fly no problem.

What gives?

I had a similar issue yesterday. I have a dirt strip 4 miles from my house. It shows up on my iPhone but I just started using tablet and it doesn't show up, at least not until I was a mile out and then while in flight it pops up that I'm in a restricted area. I was in a restricted area when I launched. I thought it was gonna land in the woods but it just hovered until I accepted responsibility for the flight.

Reactions: AyeYo
I had a similar issue yesterday. I have a dirt strip 4 miles from my house. It shows up on my iPhone but I just started using tablet and it doesn't show up, at least not until I was a mile out and then while in flight it pops up that I'm in a restricted area. I was in a restricted area when I launched. I thought it was gonna land in the woods but it just hovered until I accepted responsibility for the flight.

When you go into the settings menu on the tablet, does the option to turn Geo on and off even exist? What model are you flying?

P4. Yeah it does now. I couldn't find it when I set it up but it is there now.

Was it in there the whole time or did you have to change something? My issue is that it's not even showing at all when using the tablet.

LOL good old DJI. I guess I'll have to mess around with it a bit more and see if it decides to randomly change.

DF86E1FB-60B3-4D03-A941-451A1D9355DE.png
Same here on both Ipad and iPhone? It’s just not there. Has it moved?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik