Geo Fencing in DJI Go

REL

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the DJI GEO fencing is in the DJI GO firmware and varies (increases) with the upgrades suggested .... or is it in the DJI Go app itself (as it is upgraded). It seems to apply to the Litchi app .... but no Litchi messages indicate it is. My thinking is that the Litchi app uses the DJI firmware parameters.

Reactions: MWH107
Can someone tell me if the DJI GEO fencing is in the DJI GO firmware and varies (increases) with the upgrades suggested .... or is it in the DJI Go app itself (as it is upgraded). It seems to apply to the Litchi app .... but no Litchi messages indicate it is. My thinking is that the Litchi app uses the DJI firmware parameters.
It's built into the firmware. All designed to keep everyone safe.

There's a list of zones in FC firmware, and updates to it are supported by Go app. The updates most likely can't disable zones from FW, they can only add new.

I don't like the idea of geofencing. The zones pretend to relieve the pilot from a responsibility, but they really don't. It is muddying the waters.

Definitions of zones in my country are reasonable and they never were an issue to me. But if I were in a city covered by one big No Fly Zone, I'd probably take time to disable them.

It's built into the firmware. All designed to keep everyone safe.
Thank you for the info. I thought it might be in the P3P firmware I updated a while back as it seems to effect both DJI Go and Litchi .... only Litchi doesn't tell me why (DJI Go reports a newly imposed NFZ). I have flown at this same site (about 3 miles from a rural airport) several times in the past without restrictions. I thought about downgrading my firmware to a previous version, but since I won't likely fly here (carefully and responsibly) more than once every year or so I doubt it will be worth that hassle, and the loss of other beneficial improvements that my current firmware now has. It appears to be fairly simple and easy to obtain a temporary flight permission via the DJI Go app or via the Airmap app..... so that is what I will attempt to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl