General settings-camera greyed out

Reaction score
Phantom3 SE, Ipad Air 2, djiGO app.
Controller connects to UAV (LEDS slow green blinking). djiGO app connects to Phantom wifi, and shows connected but "general settings - camera" is greyed out.
SDcard inserted in camera.
UAV starts and takes off and lands perfectly.

I can see through the camera, but the image is very dark, and I need to adjust exposure and ISO, but this is hard to do when I can't acess the camera menu.

Everything worked fine when using my Galaxy S5 and the android go app, in which I changed the exposure settings from auto to lowest ISO-value. In the Ipad-app I cant undo it.

Welcome to the group! I would try reformatting the SD card if it lets you. Also remove and reinstall the card and see if that changes anything.

Thanks for replying.
I should mention that when using the android app I hadn't yet bought a SD-card.
Everything worked well on the Galaxy S5.
Then I purchased the SD-card and inserted it in the camera and fired up my iPAD and now the camera settings greyed out.
I'll try firing up the iOS dji go app without the card inserted, then with the card inserted and lastly I'll format it to FAT32 and I'll post the results when I'm done.

If you can try reformatting in the drone from the DJI Go app if it will let you. Also what size card is it?

It won't let me format since camera settings are greyed out, but I can format it on my computer. The card is a Kingston type 10 - 16 GB card.
dji go shows shutter speed, ev, white balance and iso when the card is not in but not card capacity.
When the card is inserted it shows capacity.
I'll format the card and report back.

Last edited:
I fired up dji go on my galaxy s5 and the camera-menu was OK, so I changed settings and formatted the sd card in the Phantom. Now the image isn't dark anymore in my iPAD but the camera menu is still greyed out.
Do I need to upgrade firmware or perhaps the iOS app isn't the correct one?
It's a Phantom SE and the dji go-app is the one for Phantoms before 4, since there were only two iOS versions on the appstore: -Phantom before 4 and Phantom 4.

You have the correct app version Try uninstalling and re-installing the app and/or clearing app data if iOS has that option.

re-installed and same problem. Camera settings are grayed out.
Read on a forum that you can use dji go4 on the phantom 3SE when using iphones.
Does the same apply to ipads as well?

One workaround is to adjust the camera in samsung galaxy because settings stick after switching to ipad.

The tre sliders control the camera. I just found out. I'm good to go.
Thanks for the replies though.
I'm ready and looking forward to make some videos from the arctic north (Norway).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel