GCP

Reaction score
I have a friend who has a property in a nearby village. The road authorities are planning on a new road which, according to my friend, is going to cut away some 50 Sq meters from his property. The authorities do not agree..
I’m planning to do a pro bono job to help him. We both have a mutual friend who can put GCP:s with a centimeter accuracy on his property. After that I’m going to do a capture from maybe 40 meters height and the images are then going to be used to create a Orthomap with Ground control points.

At least: This was my plan. When I visited DroneDeploy (DD) i realized that i'll have to go for a Business plan (US$ 2999) and besides that pay an extra US$ 45 per GCP image. All these figures are hilarious for my "two-month-per-year" business. And according to a mail reply there is not any pro bono possibility there, I can tell..

I used to use Altizure before, and they have been talking about their GCP possibility for two years now, but the company is totally under the ice. Nothing so far. Their support sucks, and the mail replies are cocky and impolite. So I've left them. I like DD, but this is not fun..

Is there any other service out there i can take a look at. I can use DD:s app for capturing the images. My friend will provide me with coord:s for the GCP:s. I just need a reasonably cheap service to do the trick..

Thanks in advance

Roger, Sweden.

Thanks for the tip. I forgot to mention that I have tried Agisoft before. I had a capture with some 400 images, and it took my poor laptop 8 hours with 100% processor to get the job done.
So have Agisoft, but not the hardware. This is why I'm looking for a service similar to DroneDeploy

There is a good bit of work involved in properly incorporating GCP's into your mapping, and I am not sure that there is a good cloud-based application for doing that. There is usually a bit of trial-and-error in getting the right mix of GCP's and Check points to validate your mapping. You don't need a super-computer to do the processing, but getting it as up to date as you can afford may be necessary.

Ha.
I found out that MapsMadeEasy has the possibility to use GCP.

DroneDeploy's business model is to secure subscriptions from companies who perform aerial mapping on a regular basis. DroneDeploy is typically not for the one-man drone business with a job here and there. My firm (environmental consulting and engineering) has been using DroneDeploy's Business Subscription for 10 months now and we are very pleased with the mapping deliverables we are able to provide our clients. Of course, our clients love it as well! DroneDeploy is also always improving their flight software and map processing capabilities and is worth every penny of the $3,000 per year for the Business Subscription. Actually, this is a small cost if you are performing aerial mapping projects on a frequent basis. We charge about $3,200 on average for a mapping project. We are also performing an average of three mapping projects per month and our drone services division is growing fast. As you can see, it doesn't require too many of these projects to justify the cost of DroneDeploy.

Last edited:
I understand. I have no doubts about the service. It's hilariously expensive for my humble company.
I'm trying Maps Made Easy at the moment. Looks nice an produces the same resultat for a more reachable prizing, to express it polite..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31