Floor plan sketch

Reaction score
Hello,

I didn’t know where to post this kind of question, so it went off topic.

I am thinking about launching this company where stores can buy a 3D floor plan of their store. In order to make the floor plan, I will need sketches of the store, which can be a bit difficult, because of the amount of shelves, iles and such, so drones came to my mind.

I don’t own a drone, so this is probably a complete newbie question, but is it possible to fly a drone in a store, with like 3-4 meters to the roof, and then take some sort of ‘drag-photos’/panorama photos, so I can get a complete picture of the store from upside? I’m thinking maybe flying down the store and back a few times, and then just merge all the images on the computer to one complete sketch or such?

Thank you in advance :)

I don’t own a drone, so this is probably a complete newbie question, but is it possible to fly a drone in a store, with like 3-4 meters to the roof, and then take some sort of ‘drag-photos’/panorama photos, so I can get a complete picture of the store from upside?
It is possible, but with no flying experience would be extremely difficult. This would all have to be done manually with no GPS assistance and would require very careful and skillful flying. Also, if you are planning on doing this commercially you will need a Part 107 which in itself can be difficult for a novice flyer. As I said, it is possible but will most likely be more "painful" than it is worth. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: jpbroomfield
It is possible, but with no flying experience would be extremely difficult. This would all have to be done manually with no GPS assistance and would require very careful and skillful flying. Also, if you are planning on doing this commercially you will need a Part 107 which in itself can be difficult for a novice flyer. As I said, it is possible but will most likely be more "painful" than it is worth. Just my 2 cents.
Thank you for your answer.
I’m not considering flying the drone, I will be looking to hire a more experienced pilot, I just wanted to know if there would be any options in drones, before asking around. Thanks :)

I just wanted to know if there would be any options in drones,
There are always options in pretty much everything. It's "Choose Wisely" more than anything else. Good Luck!

A camera, like a go pro on a gimble, on a extension pole, controlled by a handheld display would be easier and better.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub