Gaui GV-100 Vision FPV System (5.8ghz video downlink)

lilwheat said:
phantomfrank said:
I got my Gaui GV- 100 TODAY only one day late. I followed the instruction for wiring as above . It was simple.. it works wonderfully . The system has new tpye of screw on antennas.I have enclosed a few photos of the set up. Sorry its say I have my quota in photos. I have not even put any up???

Frank - Since the photos didn't work, I was wondering where you fixed the vision transmitter. When I followed the upgrade board installation instructions, it had me run the video cable down the same hole as the compass which leaves the 5.8GHz transmitter antenna between the compass and the 2.4GHz receiver antenna for the phantom.

On this video showing a phantom + GV-100, it looks like his video cable was routed down one of the front legs. http://youtu.be/eskdJQItqbk?t=1m48s

I'm assuming it's best to keep it clear of the 2.4GHz antenna for the phantom, but it's ok to be near the compass?

Yes it does look like it is down the front leg.With the old type antenna the (thin wire type) this works the best. But tI think the new transmitters come with the screw on antennas now. So the back legs works better.

I had no problem with transmission with this setup.

Can anyone please provide the simple guide to connecting the GV-100 to a gopro 3 black edition?
What do I need in the way of a plug for the GPro and how do I wire it to the GV100?

Many thanks as always

Jonathan

wbrownj said:
Can anyone please provide the simple guide to connecting the GV-100 to a gopro 3 black edition?
What do I need in the way of a plug for the GPro and how do I wire it to the GV100?

Many thanks as always

Jonathan
Here is the info from MR Mediaguy

Since the Phantom can send +12V power to your video transmitter over that 3-wire cable, you might consider using that to power your Gaui transmitter. The only caution I would give you is that the Gaui is spec'd for +12V input, so it may cut out once your battery voltage drops below +11V or so. Some people report losing their video TX feed when pulling a lot of current such as at full throttle. If that happens to you, you might need to put in a separate battery for the Gaui.

Basically the 3-wire cable from the upgrade board looks like this:

- Yellow wire (video signal OUT from your GoPro)
- Red wire (VCC, which means your battery voltage; nominally 12V, but will drop as your LiPo pack depletes)
- Brown wire (ground)

Take those wires and connect as follows to the Gaui 6-wire cable:

- Yellow from Phantom -> Yellow on Gaui (Video IN)
- Red from Phantom -> Far right end red wire on Gaui (not the one in the middle, which is V+ out to a camera, not needed)
- Brown from Phantom -> BOTH black wires on Gaui (tie all three together)

If the Gaui shares GND it *may* not be necessary to tie both blacks on the Gaui to the brown from the Phantom, but you have a single ground in the system so it won't hurt anything.

If you end up deciding you need a separate battery to run the Gaui TX, then you'll connect that to the far right set of red/black wires on the Gaui, and the middle black wire will remain connected to the brown wire from the Phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav