Gains adjutment when payload increases?

Reaction score
Has anyone increased NAZA gain settings to improve stability and remove heavy vibration with a heavy Phantom? Im getting a severe vibration when moving forward . Its heavier than Jello but I have tried balancing props to no avail.

Can anyone share their improved gain settings on a heavy Phantom 1?

Thanks

First of all I haven't had much luck with adjusting gains for one thing its a lot of work and no noticeable improvement. Some the things you might check are:

1. Is your gimbal level when you have your GoPro attach and the battery disconnected?. I had to stick a quarter on one of my gimbal arms when I hook a FPV system and had to turn my Gopro upside down so I could wire in my GoPro. This will keep your gimbal from working to hard if it is fairly balanced to start with.

2. How level is your Phantom or is your cg anywhere close to center? The way I check this I use my scale and put my fully loaded Phantom upside-down and see if everything looks pretty centered. That will keep one or two of your motors from working extra hard.

3. Your vibration might just mean that one or more of your bearings are going bad. No real good way of checking that other than giving each motor a spin and seeing if you hear any strange sounds.

4. Your motors themselves may be out of balance. I have been looking into that. There is some good YouTube videos on that and I am going to try a couple of those soon.

I use DJI standard settings and they have treated me pretty good so far. I hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31