Futaba T8FGS w/ Phantom's IOC

Reaction score
I know I'm in a bit over my head. But my tests with my new F8TGS and receiver using the NAZAM Assistant indicate that everything is working - except for IOC. I'd be grateful for some guidance in the steps to enable IOC on the transmitter. That is, it's turned on in the Assistant; yet none of the TX controls seem to be mapped for it. Thanks!

Archer

archersc said:
I know I'm in a bit over my head. But my tests with my new F8TGS and receiver using the NAZAM Assistant indicate that everything is working - except for IOC. I'd be grateful for some guidance in the steps to enable IOC on the transmitter. That is, it's turned on in the Assistant; yet none of the TX controls seem to be mapped for it. Thanks!

Archer

I"m only familiar with the T8J.
But it should be rather straightforward,
make that your switch is set to the proper channel.
I believe you need to make sure that your endpoints are at 62 as well.

Try this link

http://youtu.be/ck3tu-4UVgg

I used it to set up my t8fg. sets everything up if you change your settings to what you see in the video. I had to pause and playback some segments to make sure that it was correct but it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps. You can set the switches to whatever you like. I run my gimbal through the left slider so I can keep all hands on the controls.

Thanks for the responses!

Boat Chaser, I really appreciate those links! As many videos as I've searched and watched, those were the two that had eluded me. Very helpful! I believe that I've finally got this thing all dialed in. Heading out for the first test. Cheers!

Just thought I'd give a quick report... The transmitter worked beautifully! F/S and IOC modes worked great.

I wanted to program my switches to match what I was used to on the Phantom's stock transmitter, so it took a bit longer for me to fully absorb it all and make the desired adjustments versus what was presented in the videos. Not to mention that some of the channels are labeled differently from the model in the video. The key, of course, was to simply correlate the channels rather than their labels (e.g. in the video, ch 5 is labeled AUX4 vs. ch 5 labeled GEAR on the T8FGS) -- and then set the respective CRTL that I wanted to use for each. As I said, I'm a noob. So I'm grateful for the leg-up and happy to be flying with my new Futaba!

Since it was well into dusk by the time I finished up, I was able to see the Phantom's lights as I eventually flew out about 1,500'.

Now, about that FPV...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl