IOC will not engage

Reaction score
Got my P3P a few days ago and all is good with my first test flight today except for this one (important) thing. Basic mode is off, the multi-thingy switch is set to "on" (the one right above enable IOC) and I launched prior to attempting to enable (which the Go app said I had to do before I could enable). Still, the app won't let me engage IOC.

My suspicion is that the latest Go app is preventing me from doing so, in that I have yet to update the firmware from 1.4.0.10. I will most likely update soon anyway, but can anyone corroborate my theory or have another idea as to how to activate IOC?

I recorded a bit of footage for testing purposes but .mp4 playback stutters badly on a Galaxy Tab 3 (not the unit I flew with, used a phone for that). Android media player refused to even open the file, so VLC to the rescue but with significant stutter. GoPro footage plays beautifully on this tablet, BTW.

On a side note, the Phantom flew amazingly well! Seemingly a lot more quiet than my P2 and I absolutely love Lightbridge and the functionality of the app. I now understand everyone's enthusiasm about the P3, which escaped me until now (after all, the P2, Zenmuse and GoPro make great video, too). This is a horse of a different color (but I'm preaching to the choir).

Got my P3P a few days ago and all is good with my first test flight today except for this one (important) thing. Basic mode is off, the multi-thingy switch is set to "on" (the one right above enable IOC) and I launched prior to attempting to enable (which the Go app said I had to do before I could enable). Still, the app won't let me engage IOC.

My suspicion is that the latest Go app is preventing me from doing so, in that I have yet to update the firmware from 1.4.0.10. I will most likely update soon anyway, but can anyone corroborate my theory or have another idea as to how to activate IOC?

I recorded a bit of footage for testing purposes but .mp4 playback stutters badly on a Galaxy Tab 3 (not the unit I flew with, used a phone for that). Android media player refused to even open the file, so VLC to the rescue but with significant stutter. GoPro footage plays beautifully on this tablet, BTW.

On a side note, the Phantom flew amazingly well! Seemingly a lot more quiet than my P2 and I absolutely love Lightbridge and the functionality of the app. I now understand everyone's enthusiasm about the P3, which escaped me until now (after all, the P2, Zenmuse and GoPro make great video, too). This is a horse of a different color (but I'm preaching to the choir).
If you set the Multiple flight mode to on, take off, go up at least 10 meters, switch the flight mode switch to F, then the IOC switch will activate it self when you switch to F. and the popup screens for the screen for you to select whichever flight mode you want.

Doh! Did not go to F mode. With the app running I forget about the hardware.

Thanks Bob. Going to take a while to get the hang of this high-tech wonder bird.

Reactions: bobmyers
On the 4k I can not get anything I own to play it back smoothly...but I uploaded some footage to YouTube and then stopped by a friends house with a 4k TV and it looked amazing...smooth and stutter free. I can convert it to 1080 on my computer and then it plays back smooth....it could not do this if the original file was stuttering....

I am surprised there are not more posts on how to deal with 4k video....

About the stutter in video. I had the same problem when I shot my first video. What I found out after researching was that the Phantom shoots in 4K and the resolution is higher than the Galaxy Tabs playback resolutions capabilities. You have to make sure you playback your videos on something that can process those images. Or compress your video file down in post-production.

4k would be great but the stuttering video was 1920x1080. If that's happening because the P3P files are larger than what the GoPro spits out, then I'm OK with that. More data is always better. But the fact that the Android video player could not open the P3P .mp4 files tells me something else is going on.

As for the 4k video, could it be you are actually viewing the cached 720 video on your device? I had made that mistake not realizing the 4k vid is on the SD card not the original flight video

If you're asking me, the video was from the card.

Did not get a chance to fly today and get IOC working. Tomorrow maybe.

Thanks for the info guys. I had same question & tried everything noted except had not flown up to 10 M before trying to switch over & activate the IOC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have to select .mov rather than .mp4 and all plays well on my Shield K1 and run HDMI direct to 4K tv

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik