Futaba 8J throttle cut off limit ?????

Reaction score
So I have a Futaba 8J radio and I have it working well but one issue I just noticed when testing it out. If I drop the throttle to zero the motors shut down. I know at some point this could cause a crash. Is there a setting that will fix this? I tried a couple but no luck. Please be specific I am not an expert at the RC thing. I don't want to fly until I can resolve this. I am recovering from a crash now. :cool:

cosmonaut said:
So I have a Futaba 8J radio and I have it working well but one issue I just noticed when testing it out. If I drop the throttle to zero the motors shut down. I know at some point this could cause a crash. Is there a setting that will fix this? I tried a couple but no luck. Please be specific I am not an expert at the RC thing. I don't want to fly until I can resolve this. I am recovering from a crash now. :cool:

It's expected behavior with the Phantom and other NAZA-equipped platforms. It won't cause a crash in the air as it's disabled until the aircraft detects it has descended and landed on something. It's also the better option for stopping your motors after landing, as it doesn't spin the motors like the CSC command can do (possibly causing a tip-over).

OI Photography said:
cosmonaut said:

It's expected behavior with the Phantom and other NAZA-equipped platforms. It won't cause a crash in the air as it's disabled until the aircraft detects it has descended and landed on something. It's also the better option for stopping your motors after landing, as it doesn't spin the motors like the CSC command can do (possibly causing a tip-over).

Thanks for the response.

OI Photography said:
cosmonaut said:

i did read in the comic ( instructions ) today that performing CSC in the air WILL cut the motors. so never decend while yawing fully clockwise on full down with full left and back held in!!!

locoworks said:
OI Photography said:
cosmonaut said:

i did read in the comic ( instructions ) today that performing CSC in the air WILL cut the motors. so never decend while yawing fully clockwise on full down with full left and back held in!!!

Correct, any of the CSC stick commands will shut down the motors even while in flight ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan