Futaba 10CG Radio with my P2... Good Setup?

Reaction score
Hey all.
I should receive my new 10CG tomorrow and can't wait to tie that bad boy to my P2.
I asked the vendor to install the Self Centering kit before shipping. I read a few minutes ago I should have left it alone and program a flat center position. It's an airplane radio that has taken the mech steps out of the throttle stick it to make it smooth. The vendor told me that was the only difference between the airplane and helicopter version. Not too sure of that fact. I think the battery power is less.
Anyway...
Is there anyone out there that flies thief P2 with a Futaba 10CG? Can you give me some idea of your setup program? I'm keeping the stock P2 receiver.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Crank said:
Hey all.
I should receive my new 10CG tomorrow and can't wait to tie that bad boy to my P2.
I asked the vendor to install the Self Centering kit before shipping. I read a few minutes ago I should have left it alone and program a flat center position. It's an airplane radio that has taken the mech steps out of the throttle stick it to make it smooth. The vendor told me that was the only difference between the airplane and helicopter version. Not too sure of that fact. I think the battery power is less.
Anyway...
Is there anyone out there that flies thief P2 with a Futaba 10CG? Can you give me some idea of your setup program? I'm keeping the stock P2 receiver.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Don't sweat the stick mods. It can be easily restored in the future. If you stick to multi-rotors you'll probably never go back anyways.
Never heard of any battery power differences between Heli and Air versions just that some programmable switches may be different. Again no worries, I use a T10J Air with my P2.

Hey guys..... Back again....
I have my Futaba 10CG and I have it bound to my P2. Easy.
Now the tough part. I've been through every thread and YouTube video on how to make my Futaba work correctly with my P2. I ran the assistant and I could see the stick controls, but some seemed to be working backwards. I saw a few videos on setting up the new color display Futaba and some other 10C but must have been the older version because I could not follow them at all. Now I have flashing yellow whether the radio is on or off but the binding LED is green.
I know others have asked this question before (even though I could not find it anywhere) on programming this radio. Is there a video that shows me step by step on setting this 10CG up correctly? Is there a step by step document explaining this? I have heard a number of times that the 14 and 8 all work the same, but I can't see how they program the same. I'm pretty sure I messed up the model #1 parameters. Please point me to the correct site. I'm about to freak out.
By the way... Does this 10CG have a mini SD slot I keep hearing of?

Update......
The T, R, A, and E are just fine. It matches the stock transmitter. My problem is picking up the rest of it. Trying to figure which switch or variable pot to use and what channels are:
X1 = Slider for gimbal?
X2 =HL-Cl-OFF
U = GPS-ATTI-ATTI
What controls on the Futaba 10CG for those 3? Can "U" be a 2 pos switch? GPS and ATTI?
Any help is appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20