**** full SD card!!!!!

Reaction score
i always move my videos from my SD card to my video folder so I always have plenty of space.

I do a lot of wildlife video and today I had a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had been flying around for 5 minutes or so before I saw a big alligator on the bank of the bayou and I got in real close. I got to about 3 feet away and 4 feet above his head when he opened his mouth and hissed and lunged. I figured that may happen so I was ready to pull back on the stick as he did it.

He then slid right into the bayou and was submerged for 30 seconds or so. I saw him pop his head up and I again got really close. When I did he dove under kicking his tail up in a huge splash which sprayed my bird a tiny bit.

He did this twice more until I had to come in on low battery. I check my app to see how long I had been filming and I noticed it had stopped filming at 4 min! I missed all of it! I was so focused on video and keeping my Phantom just above the water that I didn't notice the SD card had gotten full!!!

I now remember that after I had transferred the last group of videos to my library I got a phone call and got distracted and forgot to erase them. I'm so pissed!

I was able to pop in another battery that only had about 30% on it along with a new SD And get one shot of him but he had gotten curious by then and just kind of floated there looking at me.

Hey...better eyeing ya then eating ya ;) You know their territorial and ya know where ya saw it so just go back and wait for it to come out to sun itself again and do it all over bro !! :)

Always practice good digital hygiene, brah :p
teeth.jpg

Hey...better eyeing ya then eating ya ;) You know their territorial and ya know where ya saw it so just go back and wait for it to come out to sun itself again and do it all over bro !! :)
Yea he will be back. There are two more right around the corner. I did get one good shot of him. I just hate I missed the open mouth lunge lol.

Dirk, where is Amory?

Yea he will be back. There are two more right around the corner. I did get one good shot of him. I just hate I missed the open mouth lunge lol.

Dirk, where is Amory?
Under Tupelo . We in N/E MS.

I use a card usb cards reader on desktop to copy the files.

However I do not copy them. I use "Cut" to move and remove in one swoop. saves your issue.

I have done what you did as well as get up in the air and find sd card in pc

I have done what you did as well as get up in the air and find sd card in pc

Same here. I now have a piece of red ribbon that I tie on the handle of my GoProfessional case as soon as I remove the SD card from the camera. I leave it tied there until I put the card back into the camera. That way I have a reminder if I suddenly get the urge to go fly and grab the case and run, without the card. I missed a great flight because of it. But nothing as fancy as the OP's would have been with the gator.

On a side note, I've had one disaster using Cut rather than Copy. I had the computer glitch over the size of the Cut (these are multi gig files) and not paste properly, but had also removed them from the card, so I lost about half of the files, and corrupted one of them as well.
So I never use Cut now, I always copy them over, and then just try to remember to delete them afterwards.

Respect the wild life's personal space ;)

Ezookiel, Good idea. One time I drive to new place and queas what.... SD card was still at home

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers