full hd 60 frames or 4k 30 frames? Which one is the best?

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a tremendous doubt here, YouTube indicates that 80% of my audience watches videos with smartphones.

In these cases for the Phantom 4 Standard, what do you think is the best quality at 4k 30 frames (or fps, I don't know if that's how you say it), or full hd at 60 frames.

Taking into account to be watched on the cell phone, what do you suggest, what are the opinions and why?

Anyone who understands the subject if they can give me a light, I appreciate it.

Okay hope I dont sound stupid but this is my opinion and here are some facts.

The human eye can physiologically detect up to 1000 frames per second. The average human, tasked with detecting what framerate he/she is looking at, can accurately guess up to around 150 fps. That is, they can see the difference in framerates all the way to 150 fps.

Okay so as a gamer i play games at 270fps usually and when I watch 30fps and 60fps I can notice a differance most people can not because they are use to 30 fps I always upload my videos in the highest resolution but in 30fps as most people wont tell the differance. There are youtube videos showing the differance of fps. I hope this sheds some light.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ed Hahn and jefti
HD is all about resolution and not frame rate. Full HD is 1920 pixels in width and 1080 pixels in height. 4K is 3840 X 2160.

There is a lot of marketing hype over 4K 60 frames, especially with the GoPros. These guys are ultimately looking for the ability to produce silky smooth slo-mo with their videos.

For cell phone use, standard HD at 24 - 30 FPS should be just fine. 24 is more like film. 30 (it's actually 29.97 I think) is more like TV.

Reactions: Recoveryone
When you talk about FPS, there are other factors that also come into play. If you are using Youtube to be your delivery model then you have several options on what people will be using to view on. From my research, Desktop/laptop is still the preferred manner. Also you have to take into account at what level of rendering are you using. When you are delivering across several platforms 4k is best when rendering, even if you upload to Youtube at lesser rate (1440/1080/720) the amount of detail that is in a 4k file will look more crisp. One fact that is still a factor out there is that most people have highend CPU & GPU power, but are still using 1080p monitors to view. And when your talking about cell phones you are looking at 720/1080p in most cases. What I do is this, When I post to web sites via Youtube I render in 4k, upload full file and let Youtube do any of its scaling work. Also with Youtube you have to take into consideration the amount of data speed needed to show your file in full 4k. When I send something out on FB via my phone, I manually upload the file to my phone and then send it out via FB. That way each person phone/cell service will dictate what level (720/1080) they will view the file.

I have notice that some of my videos look better on a cell phone than on my own desktop and I'm using (i7 CPU, 32Gig ram, Twin GTX 980ti SLI Video, 24" 4k monitor). But what I have learned about FPS in filming is keeping the FPS consistent for editing purposes

Reactions: Phil4u
This discussion of frame rates is very misleading. Movies and video are collections of individual frames serially projected. When you project them faster than12 to 18 frames per second, the eye can no longer detect individual frames, and perceives motion. Above 18 frames per second, there is some perception of flicker, but no full frame perception. The eye requires a lot of time relatively, to process fully a single frame. It detects changes in luminosity much more rapidly, probably for evolutionary survival reasons.

For most folks frame rates Higher than 60, create no significant visual information.

More interesting is the 4x increase in image resolution using uhd instead of hd.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
Hello guys, I have a tremendous doubt here, YouTube indicates that 80% of my audience watches videos with smartphones.

In these cases for the Phantom 4 Standard, what do you think is the best quality at 4k 30 frames (or fps, I don't know if that's how you say it), or full hd at 60 frames.

Taking into account to be watched on the cell phone, what do you suggest, what are the opinions and why?

Anyone who understands the subject if they can give me a light, I appreciate it.

For us it comes down to what offer the smoothest play and sometimes the youtube codec can comprimise the video.
We recommend you film in 60 frames so if the compression is jacked, you can still get a nice smooth play.

We also recommend 2K because that is the sweet spot for all those that have a widescreen monitor and it looks amazing even on
180 inch TV.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain !
Coal

Shooting in 4K gives you flexibility in post. Sometimes you need to crop and zoom either for composition or straightening horizons or adding stabilization. These cause pixels around the edge to be thrown away. You can then output in 1080p HD and not have to upsample to make up for lost information If you had captured in 4K.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31