Frustrated with weather!

Reaction score
Every time I plan to go flying it's either too windy or it rains these days!!

I swear I could not of taken up a more weather affected hobby than this!!

Rant Over LOL

I'm thinking of investing in an underwater drone, so on wet days I can explore the river at the bottom of the garden; then if it rains it won't matter, it'll be a win/win situation either way...

Reactions: PhantomPilotUK
It's not any better where I am. Been a long cold,wet,windy spring! Beautiful and sunny today.......with 20mph winds....ughhhh.

Rant Over LOL

We just had 20 tornados touch down in 3 days with 5 days of back to back rain and we flew both the Mavic 2 zoom and the Phantom 4 Pro in them with the Wet Suits.

So if you have a phantom or mavic look into getting a Wet Suit so you can fly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drones in the Rain.
Coal

Come across the pond, you could enjoy a tornado, hurricane and blizzard....maybe all in one day.
You forgot mention massive flooding. Probably larger than all of Great Britain. You can get some good videos of that. We just don't have that boring mundane weather. North America has 75% of the tornadoes in the world. I have been in so many tornadoes I can sense when one is around. I've been in my share of hurricanes, they make good videos also, but it's a high price to pay. I don't want to be the one, but I wonder if anyone has flown a drone in the eye of a hurricane?

Reactions: 3putts
You forgot mention massive flooding. Probably larger than all of Great Britain. You can get some good videos of that. We just don't have that boring mundane weather. North America has 75% of the tornadoes in the world. I have been in so many tornadoes I can sense when one is around. I've been in my share of hurricanes, they make good videos also, but it's a high price to pay. I don't want to be the one, but I wonder if anyone has flown a drone in the eye of a hurricane?

Flying in the eye would seem to be the easy part. Getting in and out of it in one piece would significantly up the difficulty.

What is your threshold for windy? I've been very happy with the high wind performance of my P4ADV.
I fly upwind for the first half of my flight, and get the assistance of the wind on return. 15 kts is usually my upper limit but I have flown in 20.

Flying in the eye would seem to be the easy part. Getting in and out of it in one piece would significantly up the difficulty.
True. My family and friends know very well as the eye of Micheal went over their homes. This is before.

Cherry stc.jpg

My friend and his wife are living in their bedroom. That is all that is left to their house. They are depressed and so is everyone else.

Rant Over LOL
And that's one of the millions of reasons I live in Arizona. Blue skies, not much wind (sometimes none), no floods, no tornadoes, no humidity, no hurricanes and beautiful tan women all year long. Only bad part is all the Kalifornians running with their tail between their legs to get over here so they can get out of that sh%*#hole of a state. But other than that ... some great flying. Summer is a tad warm though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1