frst flight range

Reaction score
I recently got the vision and I'm more than happy with it.

I have 1 question.How do you test the accuracy of the range?

I can get to 1000m then I loose the WiFi connection. No matter which direction i go,each time it stops at exactly 1000m.

Also I can clearly see it,which is doubtful if its 1km away.

I have attached a screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04my74rcs5oal ... -53-12.png

By different direction do you mean flying direction or orientation? The wifi antennas are on the side of the camera so you can try flying away sideways. Also note the wifi repeater is directional, so the more accurately you point the flat top towards the phantom the better. But 1000m seems like amazing range for stock regardless. Search the forums for antenna mods you can do to the repeater, that will be the easiest way to increase your range.

To test accuracy, you can use google maps to look at the landmarks and see based on your view above to judge how far you traveled. I think it unlikely at 1000m you could see the phantom at all so that is very strange.

The direction I flew it was only a few degrees from straight up.But no matter if its up or any other direction I loose the WiFi link at about 1000m.

I think its feet as I've read that you loose the signal at 996 ft.For some reason it says m instead of ft as there's no way I should see it if its 1km away.

A friend suggested changing the setting from m to ft and check it then.

Will see how it is after I try that.

That is amazing range for stock. I got a little over 300m but not much. From your screenshot I would say it's not that far off - that really does look like it's over 1000' up.

With a basic antenna upgrade (repeater only) I've gone about 1900m out at 100m (losing both wifi and control) and over 1100m up without losing control or wifi.

Im very surprised.The only mod i did was turn the screw on the tx so the range would be 500m.

Also when i had it set at metres and it recorded 1000m i could easily see it.which lead me to believe it was an error.
Now that i changed to feet, at 3300ft i couldnt see or hear it.Quite disconcerting when your in that situation and you see signal lost on the screen.
I used the radar to see which direction it was heading, pulled back and down till it was back in range.By that time the low battery warning came on.

I typically got 300 ~ 320m if I am lucky. Desired to mod my repeater, it was a struggle getting the parts. I only managed to get a replacement 2.4Ghz radio antenna.

Tested it again and the best I got was just over 1000m. Works pretty good upto 900m. Then I have to turn the PV2 to the side to get last few m out. This is with stock antenna on camera only mod on the repeater.

What do you think?

arypebyj.jpg

u9aby5ap.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1000m on stock setup sounds great. But before being over enthusiastic about it try to verify this measurements on some known distance (eg football field). I cannot imagine the reason why your stock system have 2.5-3 times greater range than average.
Anyway you are brave men having such big distances (and attitudes) on your first flights...

Thanks anton,will see if i can order one locally.

As for checking the accuracy of the range,how would i know if its accurate at 500ft and also 1000ft?

For example.if i flew it 100ft away as its easy to measure.woud it then accurate at 1000ft?

I would assume that the app uses the gps information as telemetry thus it will be as accurate as the gps....

I would say pretty accurate.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl