Frozen in Illinois

Reaction score
I just bought a P3S used/crashed (bought a lightly used camera and gimbal off of Ebay and that did the trick) and needed a guiding hand.I mostly lurk about and soak up what knowledge I can from existing posts. I don't know what sucks worse in Illinois this time of year, the weather or the politicians. Ah well at least ther weather will change eventually lol. Great forum, most of what I needed to know already had a thread.

Welcome to the PhantomPilots Forum! Yep, the weather will eventually clear. In the meantime, download the manual for your P3S (if you haven’t already) and sit back with a cup of coffee or your favorite adult beverage and read through it at least twice.

If you can’t find the answers to your questions in the manual or on the Forum, just ‘ask away! ‘ We’re here to help.

Hang in there.........summer is coming! Welcome !

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Welcome to the forum, I just arrived recently myself and they are a helpful bunch!

Welcome to the forum liljohnnie69, I feel your pain. Haven't had a decent day to fly, if not the snow or the high winds it's the below zero temps like this morning. I'm ready for some nice weather.

Reactions: liljohnnie69
Welcome to the forum.

Don’t let cold weather discourage you from flying. I was out today flying my P3S and it was -13C with a wind chill of -18C. As long as you warm your batteries beforehand, you should be ok. There are lots of threads on cold weather/winter flying, just do a search and you should find lots. Wind is definitely something you need to be aware of. UAV Forecast is a good app to have and check for wind conditions.

Good luck.

Chris

Reactions: skymonkey
Lived in Chicago for a year and loved the city and its people and have visited many times. I love the cold weather and have even contemplated moving up there UNTIL I bought my P4PV2 and joined this GREAT FORUM. After reading how many are grounded up north because of the cold I’m starting to have second thoughts about moving from south Florida. I hope in the future technology will let drones fly perfectly in subzero temps. As for me I can huddle in one of these Firehouse Technology Drone UAS Pilot Pod with a propane heater and enjoy my passion. Always looking ahead.
Welcome to the forum!

Don't get me wrong fellas, I didn't say I wasn't flying. I just said it was cold here. Chrislaf,I do have UAV forecast and it LIES lol. The only weather i will not fly in is rain and high winds other than that I'm as addicted as the rest of you.

Reactions: skymonkey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers