From the ground to the sky!

OOO

Reaction score
I’ve tried several intelligent fly mode for drone lapse. POI and Waypoint mode are my favorite flight modes for this type of work. These shots were taken from my last 25 flights in the last 3 weeks. I hope you enjoy it!
1) Phantom 4 Pro
2) Osmo Mobile 2 / iPhone 8 plus
3) Sony FDR-X3000

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit:
This video was uploaded to YouTube at 4K but now I can’t select 4K. Do you have any idea why? I double checked the uploaded file, it was 4K and 1.8 GB in size.

Last edited:
Hi 000
Very nice video..please post a bit more on how the shots were captured and what you used to edit in post :)
Waylander

Reactions: OOO
Fantastic footage. Really enjoyed it. Would love to know how you achieved the time lapse footage with the drone. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve tried several intelligent fly mode for drone lapse. POI and Waypoint mode are my favorite flight modes for this type of work. These shots were taken from my last 25 flights in the last 3 weeks. I hope you enjoy it!
1) Phantom 4 Pro
3) Sony FDR-X3000

1) Phantom 4 Pro
3) Sony FDR-X3000

Well as usuall great vid,I think time lapse great,shooting star a bonus cool,made a wish, ;)

Hi 000
Very nice video..please post a bit more on how the shots were captured and what you used to edit in post :)
Waylander

Waylander, Aitch51 and ianzone, thank you so much for the feedback! Here are some details about these shots.
1) Edited with FCPX
2) Phantom 4 Pro
3) Interval: 2 sec
4) I’ve tried several intelligent flight modes and found that the POI and Waypoint modes are the best for the lapse work.
a) In POI mode: Select a spot and increase radius. The radius for these shots was approximately 450 meters. Select lowest possible speed. I was able to select 0.4 and 0.7 km/h in this mode. This one is my favorite flight mode for lapse work.
b) In Waypoint Mode: Select 2 waypoints and let the drone fly between them. I think maximum distance between 2 waypoints is limited to 500 meters in P4P for this mode. Again select lowest possible speed. My speed was 0.7 km/h in this mode
c) In Tap to Fly Mode: In this mode the drone makes significant course correction during the flight. In addition, you can’t lower the speed below 3.6 km/h. Thus, I don’t suggest this mode for lapse work.
In all flights let the drone fly for 10-15 minutes. It'll do the rest for you :) Take your coffee and enjoy beautiful nature.

Very entertaining. I really enjoyed watching it. Yes, I'm envious of your video Talent. LOL

Thank you my friend! I'm so glad you liked it. And many thanks for being so positive and encouraging!

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining the method, and new ideas!

Thank you! Wind is your enemy in drone lapse work. Try to select lowest possible speed and once the drone started to record don’t touch the controller, let the drone finish the mission.

Last edited:
today I was hoping to do some "attempts" but it was cloudy and too windy ...
I admit that the Waypoint mode, I'm afraid :) But no choice but to tackle it...
By manual control, I am unable to maintain a clean plane
I still want to try setting the transmitter to "tripod" mode, due to the finer control.
What are you using the photo settings please?
white balance / automat / manual...?

Thank you!

today I was hoping to do some "attempts" but it was cloudy and too windy ...
I admit that the Waypoint mode, I'm afraid :) But no choice but to tackle it...
By manual control, I am unable to maintain a clean plane
I still want to try setting the transmitter to "tripod" mode, due to the finer control.
What are you using the photo settings please?
white balance / automat / manual...?

Thank you!

Without one of the intelligent flight mode it is almost impossible to do lapse work. POI mode, as I explained above, is one of the best flight mode for lapse work. Waypoint mode is also good. Just set 2 waypoints and let the drone fly between them. The distance between 2 waypoint is limited to 500 meters. Even 200 meters distance is enough for your lapse work. Just select lowest possible speed (e.g. 0.7 km/h). My first waypoint is always my launching spot and thus maximum distance between me and the drone is always less than 500 meters. In dronelapse work the drone always will be very close to you! Don’t touch the RC sticks, sit down and enjoy your coffee. The drone will do the rest.

Always use manual mode. Since this is not a video, shutter speed is less important. But I try to keep shutter speed less than 1/100. Here are my settings: ISO: Always 100 (lowest value in P4P). Aperture and shutter speed: I play with these two settings to adjust exposure. Sometimes you may need ND filter. I make all these adjustments at the beginning of the flight and don’t touch anything thereafter.

Auto settings will cause flickering. But some people use auto settings for lapse work and deflicker the footage in post with some deflickering software.

I hope this will help!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Very cool video, thank you for sharing.
Concerning your 4k problem on YouTube; it may take up to 48h for the 4k to be available.
Make sure also that you are uploading 4K videos at 30fps (frames per second)

Very cool video, thank you for sharing.
Concerning your 4k problem on YouTube; it may take up to 48h for the 4k to be available.
Make sure also that you are uploading 4K videos at 30fps (frames per second)

Thank you! It is still HD not 4K. Uploaded at 4K@30 FPS. All my videos are 4K and never seen this before.

Thanks a lot!
these advice will certainly help
now it does not look very much, unfortunately, it has swallowed up my work...
and everything just starts to bloom beautifully :-(
maybe a weekend for a while!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic