From the Get-go; no control

Reaction score
Hi, I have a brand new p2v+ version 3, I have seen all the tutorials and read the manual, calibrated the sticks, calibrated the compass for each site.

I can reach slow green rear leds. I can start motors. I can usually take off. I can immediately hover. I cannot retain control, usually losing it within 5 or 10 seconds, during which time the control is non-existent or tenative, like a loose connection. Then the bird goes to fail-safe, rises to about 50 ft. and lands (thank God). Flashes yellow even when in spitting distance. Appears to be loss of connection between controller and drone, but the fail-safe works a charm.

I have the new rechargeable controller with no battery pack. I read that the old controllers needed 6 volts. The rc assistant says this one has 4.2 volts. Does anyone know what voltage this controller needs???

I disconnected the camera and gimbal with permission of the dealer; is this possibly contributing to the problem? I have tried 2 distinct pastures to fly, same results. I am in Costa Rica, the tropics. My Garmin read 11 satellites in one of the fields before I turned it off to fly. I fly early morning, temp 75 to 80. One morning I started and left the bird to idle to see if it would pick up lots of satellites. About 25-30 seconds, it took off, flew up flashing yellow, landed, with no input from me.

One last question: doesn't the factory test these birds?

Recharged my RC last night, two flights this morning and my voltage is 4.1V....probably not an RC voltage issue.

Attachments

• RC Voltage.jpg
    RC Voltage.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 397
I could be a loss of signal from the RC or at the Phantom receiver. Open it up and make sure all the connection are secure, with permission of the dealer. Or send it back for diagnosis if possible.
Good luck....Keep us posted on your progress.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic