From Hobbies to Commercial

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just got my DJI Phantom 4 Advanced, and I would like to fly it as soon as possible. Right now I want to fly it for hobby, but eventually I will be posting some shoots on YouTube, and I plan to do some videos, and why not, may be try to monetize them if I get approved by YouTube.
I was looking in the forum and I did not find about my question.

I want to register my drone with the FAA and start flying for hobby to learn, and then, start getting to the process of obtain the commercial certification.
What should be the best way to go?

Thanks for the help

Reactions: charlidino
Thanks guys for the answers.
But since I just got the drone, I want to start flying it. But in the future, maybe a year from now, I would like to do some commercial use to the drone. For that reason I would like to have the License; But I don't want to wait until a pass the test to start enjoining flying my new drone.

No problem. Just as msinger stated. Go ahead and register the drone under Part 107. You are free to fly all you want under 'hobby' rules regardless of which part you registered the drone under. Then
After when you get your Part 107, you and he bird are good to go. BTW, getting your Part 107 won't prevent you from flying hobby, you just have to be clear before each flight which set of rules you are operating under.

Reactions: charlidino
No problem. Just as msinger stated. Go ahead and register the drone under Part 107. You are free to fly all you want under 'hobby' rules regardless of which part you registered the drone under. Then
After when you get your Part 107, you and he bird are good to go. BTW, getting your Part 107 won't prevent you from flying hobby, you just have to be clear before each flight which set of rules you are operating under.
Thanks a lot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl