Frightening experience

If you weren't doing anything wrong, why were you scared? Are you afraid of helicopters? Police? Guilty conscience?

if you were in the phantom pilots shoes you might feel differently about it, something similar happened to me shortly after i purchased my P2 and it scared the hell out of me, it was shortly after the issue with the guy landing on the white house lawn. its an uncomfortable feeling to say the least, i called the FAA to report the issue with loss of separation and called to local PD filed a complaint and spoke to the pilot. i almost expected them to be at my house waiting for me when i got home. even the innocent can feel intruded opon by the local police especially after the barrage of police shootings.......

Reactions: Originaustralia
A similar experience. I was getting ready to fly my P4 along side a river near a public launch. A police car came by, saw me and stopped. An officer got out of the car and started walking towards me. I continued what I was doing and when arrived I spoke to him. I asked if I was doing something wrong. He said, Oh no, I saw your drone and am very interested in learning more about them and may try to get one when I can. We had a nice conversation, but I was relieved when he left. Unnecessary apprehension?

A similar experience. I was getting ready to fly my P4 along side a river near a public launch. A police car came by, saw me and stopped. An officer got out of the car and started walking towards me. I continued what I was doing and when arrived I spoke to him. I asked if I was doing something wrong. He said, Oh no, I saw your drone and am very interested in learning more about them and may try to get one when I can. We had a nice conversation, but I was relieved when he left. Unnecessary apprehension?

i think it speaks to the relationship police have with the communities they serve acting in an overly aggressive manor. my hackles go up when i see the police approaching me based on my previous interactions. I've never been arrested or to jail but a few times ive been a party to attempted abuse of their power with me or those around me and had to stand my ground, its not a pleasant experience.

on the other side of things i have a friend who's a police officer who is an awesome level headed guy.

when i was typing this it made me put myself in their shoes a bit. probably the same reason why folks have drone paranoia. one bad actor making bad decisions with their phantom colors public opinion.

What state are you in Originaustralia? If you were in Victoria I would suggest they were going by and saw you and came for a look. Very costly exercise sending a chopper for a person playing in a park.
Cheers
Adrian

What state are you in Originaustralia? If you were in Victoria I would suggest they were going by and saw you and came for a look. Very costly exercise sending a chopper for a person playing in a park.
Cheers
Adrian
Hey there I live in Sydney. You from Victoria?
Cheers
Clinton

I was flying over my house at a decent altitude, not crazy but possibly above 400 ft. I saw to my horror an incoming helicopter, not knowing if I should try to go higher or lower, instincts took over and I just gunned it back to myself, while descending, all while ready to kill the engines if I had to.

WHen the helicopter finally got close I realized it wasn't it close to the same altitude, the helicopter was at least 2k feet up, lol

I was flying over my house at a decent altitude, not crazy but possibly above 400 ft. I saw to my horror an incoming helicopter, not knowing if I should try to go higher or lower, instincts took over and I just gunned it back to myself, while descending, all while ready to kill the engines if I had to.

WHen the helicopter finally got close I realized it wasn't it close to the same altitude, the helicopter was at least 2k feet up, lol
I would have got a bit nervous . In Australia 120 is the max legal height so I googled and 400 feet is just over that. I try keep it well below that if possible. I found the drone descends quite slowly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.