Micro SD Card Removal Tool (by DDH)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
I created this simple tool to make it easy to remove the Micro SD card from a DJI drone (or any other electronic device). One end of the tool can be used to open the Micro SD memory card cover and/or to press and eject the Micro SD card. The tweezers end can be used to securely grab and remove the Micro SD card.

1551143782118.png
1551143786542.png
1551143791146.png
1551143797534.png

If interested, you can find this item in my store here.

Last edited:
What a very nice and neat small tool for replacing OR removing that " teeny tiny itsy bitsy " micro memory card....and with it being white its very easy to find on the ground OR in the Drones tool box !

Are you trying to deprive me of the fun of the sd card shooting thru my fingers with enough force to put an eye out, then getting on the grass on my hands and knees to find it? You are no fun....:confused:

Are you trying to deprive me of the fun of the sd card shooting thru my fingers with enough force to put an eye out
Of course! I don't want you to have too much fun ;)

Put a hole in it it for a retaining wire or chain to attach to the controller. Less likelihood of losing it that way
Any idea what kind of wire/chain you'd like to hook to it? Any thoughts on a good place to locate the hole?

Any idea what kind of wire/chain you'd like to hook to it? Any thoughts on a good place to locate the hole?

Personally, I don't need one. But the hole could go through the middle where there is material to support a small hole. Something like a retractable plastic coil like Player's Club id cards so you don't have to disconnect the tool from the controller.

Personally, I don't need one. But the hole could go through the middle where there is material to support a small hole. Something like a retractable plastic coil like Player's Club id cards so you don't have to disconnect the tool from the controller.
Got it. If you decide you want to buy one and would like any mods, just let me know. I'd be happy to make any mods that are doable.

I've been using my design for about 6 months now and it's been working well for me. However, if anyone buys one and has an idea to make it better, please do let me know. And if I use your idea, I'll send you a free upgrade :)

I have a spy cam that the card sits deep in and you need long nails to get at it ... so i took thin tape... small piece of plain paper ....

Marked paper to ID the card ... stuck paper in middle of tape ... cut free ends of tape short so they only stick to the plastic part of the card ... folded tape over so it sticks both sides of card ... trimmed ...

Now the card has a decent tab for me to get hold of..... after nail pushes it in to unlock.

Of course! I don't want you to have too much fun ;)
The hole idea to secure it with a chain or string is the only way to improve it. I got two and love them...right where the red dot is.
1551489378064.png

Reactions: Jgreg and msinger
I created this simple tool to make it easy to remove the Micro SD card from a DJI drone (or any other electronic device). One end of the tool can be used to open the Micro SD memory card cover and/or to press and eject the Micro SD card. The tweezers end can be used to securely grab and remove the Micro SD card.

View attachment 108931
View attachment 108932
View attachment 108933
View attachment 108934

Excellent Idea! I'll be placing an order. I'm thinking perhaps one for each drone kit.

Reactions: msinger

View attachment 108931
View attachment 108932
View attachment 108933
View attachment 108934

Looks like a good little tool. I can't tell you how many **** times I have ejected my card. I purchased a pair of 'em.

D

Reactions: msinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic