FPVLR VS. DBS

Is that the antenna only or amplified?
How 'directional' is the kit? Does it have to be like, exactly aimed at the drone or do you have some leadway.
Do you know how many degrees that beam works outward?
I have 2x 2.5 mw boosters on mine its more directional then the stock antennas but its very forgiving I have been off by at least 20 degrees at 6 miles before no issue. Put it this way I never worry about signal loss at long range. I can fly 7 miles and flip around come back and never lose video feed once. Its an awesome antenna set.

Well I just ordered the v2 looking forward to a side by side comparison. However I'm probably not going to see much difference until I do a battery mod.

Well I just ordered the v2 looking forward to a side by side comparison. However I'm probably not going to see much difference until I do a battery mod.
The V2 is pretty sweet bro.
You can get 4.5 or maybe 5 miles stock on a perfect day you really need a battery mod to push these things.

Reactions: JoeyJoe
Stock battery 4 miles is the max for me. Any more than that will probably be an auto land short of my take off location

Well I tried out my V2 yesterday evening and no dice, the reception is the same as the other antennas.

Which leads me to believe that it's my environment. So what's next? Boosters? Amps? Are these the same thing? How much are they gonna set me back?

Both the dbs and fpvlr antennas take a little practice aiming . Also if there's any large obstacles in front of your takeoff location they will effect your signal . Have you tried using the radar to make sure you aiming the antennas properly. What kind of range are you getting ?

Both the dbs and fpvlr antennas take a little practice aiming . Also if there's any large obstacles in front of your takeoff location they will effect your signal . Have you tried using the radar to make sure you aiming the antennas properly. What kind of range are you getting ?

Check out my earlier post on range.

Well I tried out my V2 yesterday evening and no dice, the reception is the same as the other antennas.

Which leads me to believe that it's my environment. So what's next? Boosters? Amps? Are these the same thing? How much are they gonna set me back?
They are 45 bucks a piece on amazon for the 2.4 ghz 2500mw sunhans 62 for the 2.4 ghz 3000mw boosters. A battery from FPVLR is 28 bucks I think.

7.1 miles with perfect signal.
LOS is a requirement for these distances
Facebook

I don't really care about flying 7.1 miles.

Not having LOS is actually what makes this whole endeavor fun in my opinion. I want to fly a mile from my suburban house at 350 ft and drop down into a field at like 50 ft and move around using the camera as a guide.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I don't really care about flying 7.1 miles.

Not having LOS is actually what makes this whole endeavor fun in my opinion. I want to fly a mile from my suburban house at 350 ft and drop down into a field at like 50 ft and move around using the camera as a guide.
Yes FPVLR sells a battery with dual leads 3000mah for the amps. The battery will last for at least 6 p3 batteries before needing charged . maybe more but that's the most I have done with it personally.

IMG_0025.PNG

Reactions: FPVLR

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164