FPVLR PHANTOM 3 CIRCULAR POLARIZED ANTENNA UPGRADE KIT

Not yet, no, but there is no doubt it would work. If you replace an omni antenna with a directional antenna and aim it correctly, you will get better range. You just have to figure out how to mount it.

I'm just not sure, because the SE controller has 3 antennas. One omni, a two other inside the controller. As far I know P3S has only one. And I haven't fund jet information, if the function of three antennas are the same, or different.

Hi PhantomFlyer3SE, where do u live, and how long did u have ur Phantom 3 SE?
Hi, I fly in Europe (Hungary) and my drone is brand new. I made some range tests. In my noisy environment I wasn't able to fly over 220 meters. Today I visited a more silent space - there the SE lost the control over 350 meter.
So I'm intrested in range boost anyway.

Last edited:
I'm just not sure, because the SE controller has 3 antennas. One omni, a two other inside the controller. As far I know P3S has only one. And I haven't fund jet information, if the function of three antennas are the same, or different.
All the DJI wifi ACs have the same number of antennas - 1 for 5.8 and 2 for 2.4. They all function the same meaning the 5.8 is for control and the two 2.4 ghz antennas switch from one to the other automatically trying to find the best signal. The 5.8 is one way, and the 2.4 wifi signals are two way. Some new folks may believe since there are two 2.4 antennas that one is for transmitting and one is for receiving, but that is incorrect.

Edit: We've learned more about this unusual AC over the past three weeks. What we've learned is this Phantom 3 SE is not really a WiFi Phantom because we are pretty much convinced the signals that move between the bird and the controller are not WiFi at all. DJI calls it "enhanced WiFi", but I think "slightly handicapped Lightbridge" is a better phrase because this bridge has all the characteristics of a DJI Lightbridge system. All it's lacking is the three miles distance (it's 2.5 miles FCC). What we know is there are two hidden antennas inside the controller which communicate with the AC - one transmits and one receives. The system uses either 2.4 or 5.8 ghz depending on what the pilot chooses in the Go App, but not both at once. There is no switching as there is in the true DJI wifi systems. The signal that communicates between the controller and the mobile device is a classic wifi signal and that antenna is the visible one you see outside the controller. There is some confusion still about what freq is used for this "working wifi" signal. A DJI administrator has stated that it's 2.4 ghz, but pilots in Europe have said it can be either 2.4 or 5.8.

Last edited:
Some have complained that the Argtek for the Standard doesn't work for the SE because the cables are too short... ? But assuming the cables are long enough, it should work. I am not a big Argtek fan, though. I'd get an ITELITE.

Hi, I fly in Europe (Hungary) and my drone is brand new. I made some range tests. In my noisy environment I wasn't able to fly over 220 meters. Today I visited a more silent space - there the SE lost the control over 350 meter.
So I'm intrested in range boost anyway.
If you want to boost you range change you drone...so i did sold the Se and bought an advance.....

Here's the same one for less $$. But I still have not seen that anyone has verified that it truly works. It does appear to be the only one that replaces all 3 antennas.

BlueProton ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 SE WiFi Signal Range Extender 6 Antennas (Dual B | eBay

Any by the way - I sure do appreciate all the experiments that the engineering guys/gals (here) share with us.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4