FPVLR PHANTOM 3 CIRCULAR POLARIZED ANTENNA UPGRADE KIT

Reaction score
Hi All,
Will the Fpvlr Circular Polarized Antenna Upgrade Kit, work on the Phantom 3 SE???

Yes, it is pricey. That why I wanted to know if it will work on the Phantom 3 SE. Not going to pay that kinda money if not.

I tried and now i have to sell that antenna...i already sold the Se.....With this antenna maximum range was around 150/200mt....worse than the stock (around 400 mt max range).

Reactions: charlieb4
I tried and now i have to sell that antenna...i already sold the Se.....With this antenna maximum range was around 150/200mt....worse than the stock (around 400 mt max range).
Andrewrok, why did u sell ur SE?

The standard uses 5.8 and 2.4 - the SE also uses 5.8 and 2.4. So in that sense, the antennas themselves would work equally well on either model since they are both designed for 5.8 and 2.4. But the SE has the ability to switch wifi from 2.4 to 5, and in that case the 2.4 FPVLR wouldn't work well at all. The other problem is the antennas on the bird. Both birds use linear vertical polarity which is not optimum with CP. It could be beneficial anyway though depending on your environment. There is also the CP's ability to shoot a more narrow beamwidth which in turn would give you a stronger signal but one that is more difficult to aim. There is also the bracket problem. When FPVLR says it won't work on the SE, they may be referring to the bracket. Personally, I would stick with a vertical polarity antenna such as the Itelite, but I know of at least one person who has had great success using a nice long well-built CP on the 5.8.

The standard uses 5.8 and 2.4 - the SE also uses 5.8 and 2.4. So in that sense, the antennas themselves would work equally well on either model since they are both designed for 5.8 and 2.4. But the SE has the ability to switch wifi from 2.4 to 5, and in that case the 2.4 FPVLR wouldn't work well at all. The other problem is the antennas on the bird. Both birds use linear vertical polarity which is not optimum with CP. It could be beneficial anyway though depending on your environment. There is also the CP's ability to shoot a more narrow beamwidth which in turn would give you a stronger signal but one that is more difficult to aim. There is also the bracket problem. When FPVLR says it won't work on the SE, they may be referring to the bracket. Personally, I would stick with a vertical polarity antenna such as the Itelite, but I know of at least one person who has had great success using a nice long well-built CP on the 5.8.
WoW!!!!!!! Mark The Droner, what an beautiful input. Well said, even i don't understand part of it....lol CP???????????? I have no clue as to what CP is...... Are u referring the 5.8 is, as part of the wifi? And how did the individual get that CP for his controller? How do u switch wifi from 2.4 to 5??? You can see that not only I have a lot to learn, but asking so many questions....lol. Where r u from, and drone u use? Thanks a bundle! Charlie B.

chatikib, that said for Phantom 3 Standard. Mine is a Phantom 3 SE, two difference models. Very few things that work for Standard 3, works for 3 SE. Most for Standard 3 does not work for 3 SE. Because it is for Phantom 3 Standard, doesn't mean for Phantom 3 SE. I have already talk to a vender about it for 3 SE, he said no.
Then your supplier has a different opinion than the importer. The importer literally says
"All of our antennas work with the SE. The P3SE sends its signal over the same frequencies as the P3S.".

WoW!!!!!!! Mark The Droner, what an beautiful input. Well said, even i don't understand part of it....lol CP???????????? I have no clue as to what CP is...... Are u referring the 5.8 is, as part of the wifi? And how did the individual get that CP for his controller? How do u switch wifi from 2.4 to 5??? You can see that not only I have a lot to learn, but asking so many questions....lol. Where r u from, and drone u use? Thanks a bundle! Charlie B.
CP is short for circular polarity.

The SE has a control signal which transmits on the 5.8 ghz band. It has a wifi signal which uses the 2.4 ghz band. Apparently, according to a thread I read, it has the ability to switch wifi freqs from 2.4 to 5 ghz.

2.4 and 5 Ghz - DJI Phantom 3 SE

This is undocumented. It's possible only Chinese SEs can do this. I haven't seen a confirmation from anybody in North America.

Do not confuse a 5.8 ghz control signal with a 5 ghz wifi signal.

The SE has a control signal which transmits on the 5.8 ghz band. It has a wifi signal which uses the 2.4 ghz band. Apparently, according to a thread I read, it has the ability to switch wifi freqs from 2.4 to 5 ghz.

This is undocumented. It's possible only Chinese SEs can do this. I haven't seen a confirmation from anybody in North America.
I have a P3SE from China but this option is also not available. It is therefore a puzzle which P3SE drones can switch wifi freqs from 2.4 to 5 ghz.

Then your supplier has a different opinion than the importer. The importer literally says
"All of our antennas work with the SE. The P3SE sends its signal over the same frequencies as the P3S.".
Thanks chatikib!

Do not confuse a 5.8 ghz control signal with a 5 ghz wifi signal.
You know, I got mine from China, by way of, would you believe it, WalMart!....lol. Almost half off the price. The reason of knowing, is all of the paper work that came with the Phantom 3 SE, in the big white box, is everything is in Chinese. And no user manual at all. It explain why my controller is difference than other. Having a very hard time finding me a cable that would go from my IPad, to the controller. It has to have an (Apple) Lighting on one end, and an Micro USB on the other end, for the controller. Most Phantom 3's have an USB port, but not an Micro USB. So, I have never yet to upload my firmware.
Is there any benefit of changing the wifi from one to another?

The user manual can be found at www.dji.com

I'm not sure why you need a cable. You should be able to acquire the flight app onto your iPad at the apple store via your home's wifi connection.

The communication between your controller and iPad is via a wifi signal. No cable needed.

The benefit of switching the wifi freq from 2.4 to 5 ghz is the latter band may be less crowded.

... Personally, I would stick with a vertical polarity antenna such as the Itelite ...

Hi Mark, have you ever found information, that somebody had success with Itelite on P3SE?

Last edited:
Hi Mark, have you ever found information, that somebady had success with Itelite on P3SE?
Not yet, no, but there is no doubt it would work. If you replace an omni antenna with a directional antenna and aim it correctly, you will get better range. You just have to figure out how to mount it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik