FPVLR dipoles absolutely AMAZING

finally got it uploaded. The second water tower is 14,225 feet away from where I took off according to google. Sorry I don't have dashware yet but its next on my list

Thank you so I usually fly between 450 and 500 feet would be necessary to have then angled slightly toward the ground. Do you think you could show me with the arrows which way exactly they should be mounted in relation to the ground . I'm sorry I'm really new at this stuff. I'm an idiot when it comes to this.

Keep in mind if you angle them slightly to take advantage of your 450-500' elevation. This will help you going out but work against you when you turn the aircraft and come back.

If you are doing an all out distance machine where you fly until you lose it and let it RTH then this would be fine. I personally would keep it vertical.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Ok great!! I really appreciate the help. I'm really new at all this and I had bought it just so I could take pictures of my clients properties. I have a landscaping company and thought it would be a great tool to use to take pictures of some of our large commercial properties and some of our big new landscaping installs. The long distance modifications have kind of snow balled on me lol. I keep telling myself just one more modification.Its kind of like a drug lol. I think with my current setup I can hit the 3 mile mark . And the only thing left I want to add is flytrex and I will be done (doubt it). That is as far as I'm comfortable with because of the battery limits. I guess I could do a battery modification lol its never going to end, is it? I'm very impressed with the knowledge and skills of guys like you and several others. I don't know $&*!

If I was long distance crazy (been there). I think before I would spend $$$$ on long range mods I would sell the V+ and buy a P3 advanced. In the end you would end up with less money in a bird that will fly a lot further.

I have a V+ now and have no interest in any more antenna mods for this unit.

Rrmccabe you are absolutely right. If I had to do all over I would've waited 6 weeks and bought a p3 pro. Unfortunately I had no idea dji was putting out a better quad for a cheaper price. I've certainly thought hard about selling my v + and going that direction but I think I'm going to wait until the second version. Everything that I have read on here makes it sound like dji didn't get all the bugs worked out until the later models of v 3.0 which is what I have. I'm definitely happy with the changes I have made but you're right at some point I need to stop and just sell it and invest in the p3 . Or at least only buy upgrades that can be moved over to the next quad I buy.

Yea I understand all that. I actually had another V+ (version 3) on order when they announced the P3. They told me just to refuse delivery on it with UPS which I did. I was going to buy a P3P but decided to buy a Solo instead.

I may end up with a P3A also because of the light bridge range.

I think you are right about the current firmware on the V+ being solid. My current V+ is rock solid and I doubt I will every update it again because of that. I have no doubt I have over 300 MILES on this unit and still going stron.

Yea I understand all that. I actually had another V+ (version 3) on order when they announced the P3. They told me just to refuse delivery on it with UPS which I did. I was going to buy a P3P but decided to buy a Solo instead.

I may end up with a P3A also because of the light bridge range.

I think you are right about the current firmware on the V+ being solid. My current V+ is rock solid and I doubt I will every update it again because of that. I have no doubt I have over 300 MILES on this unit and still going stron.

That's why I decided to keep my vision + so that there will be no further dji firmware upgrades (which is actually a downgrade since they keep adding no-fly zones)

O wow if I got those results and that wasn't even the best way to mount them. I have them the way tony told me to mount them unless I completely got it backwards . I'm certainly out of my element here guys . What is the best way to post the video from my flights on here. I'm dropping my tablet off tomorrow to get rooted so I can copy the flight logs from it and sync it with dashware. But I'm not sure how to do all of this stuff. Up until 2 months ago I had never flown anything and definitely never taken anything a part like this and done modifications before so in that respect I'm kind of proud of myself but I really don't know how all these parts work together. I still have a lot to learn but I think I'm in the right place to learn a lot. From reading everything on here from you guys it's pretty overwhelming the amount of knowledge a lot of people have on this subject. If you guys have the patience I'm definitely eager to learn . All I do know for sure is my results I can put of some videos of some of my flights (I think) and you should be able to get a pretty good idea of the distance it travels and hopefully I can get dashware to work . Would flytrex be easier to use?

What type of Dipole antenna do you have? looking to upgrade

Tony from fpvlr is going to start making linear polarized dipoles for all the itelite guys that want them. He made me a set of them last week and they produce incredible video range and resolution

For now I am keeping my P2V+, I was just about to move up to the P3, but the stopping point for me was my GoPro 3. I love flying with a GoPro. And now with the GoPro 4 being the only camera out there to shoot great low light and night footage, I'll soon upgrade to it for my P2V+.

Plus with GoPro looking to put out a drone of their own late next year, that might be worth waiting for.

I'm upgrading my P2V+ now and once done, I'll be happy with my new setup. My Itelite DSB is on it's way. My Zenmuse H3-3D will be delivered tomorrow, upgrading from my cheap Chinese gimbal. Plus waiting to get the Linear Polarized Dipoles. I already upgraded to the rechargeable TX with the thumbwheel for camera tilt.

So until I succumb to the mod bug again, I'll be happy with what I have.

Ordered already. Tony what would be the recommended best orientation of these dipoles for maximum range?

Last edited:
Just like in the picture, 45 degrees to the legs of the phantom, on both sides so they are 90 degrees to each other

Thanks Tony, I just posted it in the Farout page regarding about the dipoles you have in the store that now are available for purchase..

Reactions: FPVLR
Order placed...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers