FPVLR dipoles absolutely AMAZING

Reaction score
Tony is a freaking antenna genius . He made me a set of 2.4 ghz bird side dipoles and the results were incredible. I made it out to 3 miles on the highest resolution setting and I was worried about the battery level so I turned around. FPVLR is the best in my opinion and the results prove it. Customer service is #1. I couldn't be happier. Thank you Tony

Reactions: FLPTFLYER
Which birdside dipoles did you purchase? Do you have a link?

They were 1 offs made by Tony from fpvlr . Hopefully he'll start selling them but if you email him maybe he'll do the same for you. They're amazing . Hopefully he'll take care of you . Everybody thst has an itelite antenna needs these dipoles . Good luck and safe flying !!

They were 1 offs made by Tony from fpvlr . Hopefully he'll start selling them but if you email him maybe he'll do the same for you. They're amazing . Hopefully he'll take care of you . Everybody thst has an itelite antenna needs these dipoles . Good luck and safe flying !!
Can you take a picture of the dipoles you have. Just very curious as I have saved enough right now to buy the birdside 2.5 CP antennas from his site. How much did it cost you?

Just Spoke to Tony, he said he will make it available for the ITELITE guys. This is great news!

Just Spoke to Tony, he said he will make it available for the ITELITE guys. This is great news!
That's awesome! ! IMG_7934-1.jpeg

Reactions: Prem
Oh I forgot to ask, are these with boosters on the pilot side?

Yeah pilot side I got the 2.4 and 5.8 from tony and then I ordered the 3w 2.4 ghz sunhans from Amazon. It's quite a mess on my controller lol

Still mixed signals about this set up from the other thread:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...antenna-with-itelite.40105/page-2#post-407209

The custom dipoles now mounted on your bird are obviously linear polarity and I assume you mounted them in a vertical fashion.

Since the ground based ITELITE antenna is also Linear Vertical RF Polarity, that optimizes the overall RF Link Budget gain.
Comparatively: The P2V+ built in stock antenna's are "quasi" Circular RF Polarity as they emit from their flat surface. (however, they emit mostly Linear Vertical RF Polarity from their edges.)​

------------------

It appears most external antenna setups are used in an open space drag strip down ranging type environment; the bird ending up 400+ feet altitude.

RF signal multi-path issues should be low in this type flying environment. So, keeping the same RF Polarity on both ends can help maintain an optimal RF Link Budget.​

That's the position I got the best results, same on both sides

For a dipole unless you are flying straight up or sideways that should be a poor location for a "dipole"

Not doubting your results but that in theory is the worst possible orientation for a dipole.

oh wow.. I missed seeing the picture. yeah.. they are mounted horizontally.

You should try them vertically.
Just a little off vertical; each of the two dipoles slightly opposing each other.

O wow if I got those results and that wasn't even the best way to mount them. I have them the way tony told me to mount them unless I completely got it backwards . I'm certainly out of my element here guys . What is the best way to post the video from my flights on here. I'm dropping my tablet off tomorrow to get rooted so I can copy the flight logs from it and sync it with dashware. But I'm not sure how to do all of this stuff. Up until 2 months ago I had never flown anything and definitely never taken anything a part like this and done modifications before so in that respect I'm kind of proud of myself but I really don't know how all these parts work together. I still have a lot to learn but I think I'm in the right place to learn a lot. From reading everything on here from you guys it's pretty overwhelming the amount of knowledge a lot of people have on this subject. If you guys have the patience I'm definitely eager to learn . All I do know for sure is my results I can put of some videos of some of my flights (I think) and you should be able to get a pretty good idea of the distance it travels and hopefully I can get dashware to work . Would flytrex be easier to use?

A dipole antenna has maximum signal this direction as well as off the sides. Definitely not off the ends.

20150605_111019.jpg

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Thank you so I usually fly between 450 and 500 feet would be necessary to have then angled slightly toward the ground. Do you think you could show me with the arrows which way exactly they should be mounted in relation to the ground . I'm sorry I'm really new at this stuff. I'm an idiot when it comes to this.

Hopefully I can get the video up from Thursday night from my flying club I was at . There's a great shot of a couple water towers that I'm flying past and I pulled it up and made two way points from where I took off and the second water tower and it is 14,225 feet from where I took off. It would really be great to have the flight logs sync with the video .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik