FPVLR air side booster + rubbercomping (pics)

Essentially, that's a job for Drone's Plus for me. I'll open up and fix any toy drone or racer but there is something about the big ones that scare me to mess with.

Thank you so much for letting me know. If I buy the stuff for him, he will do both of ours for it. Nice to have friends at times like this. ;)
Actually its pretty easy. The biggest ***** is cracking the shell open. Just buy a cheap set of Harbor fright torque screwdrivers. The main board is only 4 screws. If you need a pic of an open shell let me know. And all the paint is flat except for the metallic then I shot some Matte Clear over it.

Great job WTFOver!

Did some testing with hyperion hv 2400 packs, third charge and getting better. 18mins flight, 45% when landing. Managed to broke my airside clover during the weekend. New one should be here today or tomorrow but not quite sure if this will work better with fpvlr v2 antenna or dbsmod panel.

Circular Wireless Skew Planar Wheel Antenna for 2.4GHz Transmitters (RHCP SMA)

Anyone here with experience on similar antennas?

Actually its pretty easy. The biggest ***** is cracking the shell open. Just buy a cheap set of Harbor fright torque screwdrivers. The main board is only 4 screws. If you need a pic of an open shell let me know. And all the paint is flat except for the metallic then I shot some Matte Clear over it.
Easy is a perspective my friend! Haha

I know once you do it, it's easier but I've never fully built a Phantom and unlike the 250s I put together, this feels so well made and I just can get myself to do it. A sissy I guess. Feel ill break it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and excellent work!! Thanks a ton for sharing and showing how.

phantom21.jpg

phantom20.jpg

Current setup, not sure if there is any gain with controller-video side amp because bird is already boosted, need to test ..

phantom21.jpg

phantom20.jpg

Current setup, not sure if there is any gain with controller-video side amp because bird is already boosted, need to test ..
Awesome on the cool factor!!!! If not a little large though. But by the looks of it, it needs a lem.

Awesome on the cool factor!!!! If not a little large though. But by the looks of it, it needs a lem.

Thats why i have second, not modified RC for closer calls :D whats lem?

4th charge with hyperions, did some testing with one leaf completely ripped of from the airside antenna. 6.4km distance, lost signal there but had full bars all the way back, need to relocate and wait for the new clover. 18:31min 45% when landed.

4th charge with hyperions, did some testing with one leaf completely ripped of from the airside antenna. 6.4km distance, lost signal there but had full bars all the way back, need to relocate and wait for the new clover. 18:31min 45% when landed.

I'm doing the same thing Rulppa, one stock & one modded transmitter!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: rulppa

LEM = Lubar Excursion Model.

It was attached to the Apollo's during the Apollo lunar missions. I was joking.

20% battery to reach 7.25km out. 30% when back, RTH seems to take quite much when there is payload, need to pedal it on next try. 30% when landed. Flight time 21min, 10ms wind. -6C. Can't wait to get the new airside-antenna!

Crap! Went out at lunch to check the P3Adv with the 2200mah Zippies. Turns out I forgot to hook up the GPS to the board! Got to crack it open again tonight.

Great job WTFOver!

Did some testing with hyperion hv 2400 packs, third charge and getting better. 18mins flight, 45% when landing. Managed to broke my airside clover during the weekend. New one should be here today or tomorrow but not quite sure if this will work better with fpvlr v2 antenna or dbsmod panel.

Circular Wireless Skew Planar Wheel Antenna for 2.4GHz Transmitters (RHCP SMA)

Anyone here with experience on similar antennas?
Yes i have the same and it's the best clover leaf antenna from all the other brands antennas.

20% battery to reach 7.25km out. 30% when back, RTH seems to take quite much when there is payload, need to pedal it on next try. 30% when landed. Flight time 21min, 10ms wind. -6C. Can't wait to get the new airside-antenna!

Hmm, do you think the 2400's are a bit on the heavy side? I was thinking you might get more than 21 minutes with 30% remaining battery?

@gppms great, thanks! post a pic if its on your p3. might get mine today.. using only one of those or more?

@Phantom751874 not sure yet which is better 1800 or 2400, i have both of those. It was windy and didn' t use the wind for my advantage. 2400's are heavy yes, and when RTH i think optimal rth speed calculated by DJI is not the one you want to use with this much payload.

Quick question regarding FPVLR or DBS. Does it matter which transmitter antenna port gets attached to which side on the antenna array ??

ie. Left transmitter antenna connected to right FPVLR or DBS antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the bird side mod. I have the old motors. I went down to the beach today to test it out, and not good. The first flight was good, went to 7000ft. The second flight was 4000ft and I keep losing video.
I wish some one could tell me the right antenna orientation. I will move the antenna wires around until I get something better.
There is a square board where the antenna wires connect.The board is lettered or numbered where the antenna wires go. This should be the popper way to get the right one., If we new witch one it was??

How did you reach outside your workshop? Did you have an external antenna?

20160228_102111_001.jpg
20160228_095617_resized.jpg 20160228_102956_resized.jpg 20160228_102938_resized.jpg 20160228_095633_resized.jpg Hi Folks
Finally got my stuff together and didn't forget anything this time! Threw on my cheap Wi-Fi panels and tried out my side saddle 2200mah Zippy's. 7km/4.34 miles and turned around at 75% battery, landed at 44%. I may set up the 2 amp booster I had on the bird side and put it on the transmit side of the Pilot end next time. Overall I'm happy with the result considering the total expense and gear. Also considering the extra weight the front motors were cool and the rear were warm. Don't know if that's because of the tilt for forward motion or the battery's are a little off center of gravity? I was averaging just under 20mps/45mph.
Time to charge up again!

Last edited:
How did you reach outside your workshop? Did you have an external antenna?
I am curious too. Here in the summer it is pretty warm. Do you have an outside antenna?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl