Fpv unstable

Reaction score
I flew my p3a today and realised the fpv was really laggy and unstable. The highest i flew was 1000ft distance and 650ft alt. there were many cars and the venue was a festival Any possible reasons for this?

I flew my p3a today and realised the fpv was really laggy and unstable. The highest i flew was 1000ft distance and 650ft alt. there were many cars and the venue was a festival Any possible reasons for this?
What was the ambient temperature-- may be the ipad or android overheating

It was about 90 deg cel outside and the aircraft temp was 48
Yes, the device is actually over heating and dropping out-- or fly in the shade in the car with the ac running:):)-- if you don't need to go long range-- I have been out a half mile from the seat of my pickup without signal issues. all of these devices, both android and ipad will start to drop signal when they start overheating..... some are worse than others. If you have a hood on it, be sure the back of the tablet is not covered and that the heat can escape. Some of these hoods have backs that the tablet mounts on and they tend to trap the heat from the processors and cause the tablet to heat up even more.

Oh okay i flew inside the car and the back of the ipad was very hot...
Yes, it will get hot, but flying with the ac blowing will help to keep it cool so heat becomes less of an issue-- I actually cool the ipad down by holding it in front of the ac vent, before going up with my next battery. Three minutes in front of the vent works wonders with being able to keep good signal on a hot day.

Also the camera settings.. It was very sunny outside and my video cam out very bright and reflection from the sand and cars made it look horrible. What simple effects i can do now to change that?

You need to put a Neutral Density Filter on-- there are various posts on the forum regarding those available. -- especially shooting in bight sunlight. The camera exposure levels are adjustable- so filming facing the sun usually requires adjustment.

The amount of radio signals at a festival will be insane; between cell phones and walkie talkies just be surprised you didn't get a weak signal when it was just a few feet from you.

The phantom operates on 2.4 ghz which is EVERYWHERE. Your best bet is to manually select channel if your signal is a little laggy and or use the windsurfer antenna style ad on you can see info on that on other threads. It will as much as double your range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl