FPV or Gimbal

Reaction score
I have to prioritize my shopping list to keep the wife happy. IF youre married you understand where I'm coming from.

With 2 choices FPV or Gimbal I'm torn to pick which one. I'm really liking the stability of the gimbals, and they make it easier to get good stable footage....
Problem is I'm not always pointing in the perfect direction to get a good shot, which an fpv system could become useful.

The FPV system I'd like to get would be the Fatshark Predator V2.0, but if I have a screen to plug in the aud/vid from the RX shouldnt that work?
And the gimbal I like would be the Jakub v2.0, because of the way it hangs further forward the front of the craft. This should be an optimal setup to keep the props and arms out of the picture.

decisions decisions! :cry:

Not an easy decision..
But I'd say going with FPV might be what you want to do first. I've heard it's way more fun, and you'll be able to pull of much more dramatic filming.

The gimbal is cool, but if you can fly smoothly in the first place (in FPV), you can then do additional stabilization in post-video editing (even on youtube).

I just ordered the Fatshark AttitudeSD. doesn't come with a camera (which I don't need because I'd plug into my GoPro), but it also has the head tracker (if I eventually get a gimabl and a new receiver), and a few other bells and whistles for the future.
But I think all the fatsharks have video out to plug into an external monitor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues