FPV Issue Screen Black IOSD Mini Data Shows

Reaction score
Hey guys-

Have a bit of an issue I am facing.

I recently set up my FPV set up using an IOSD Mini, Black Pearl Display, Immersion RC 600MW transmitter, Spironet 5.8GHz circular polarized omni antenna, spironet patch antenna.

I set everything up and it was all working fine during a test flight I took.
I was having some issues with the gimbal returning to 45 degrees after releasing the thumbwheel so I decided to upgrade the firmware on the zenmuse h3-3d. This bricked my zenmuse. Frustrated I was able to reboot and downgrade the firmware so it was working correctly.

However while I was power cycling the phantom 2, i forgot to put an antenna into the immersion rc transmitter for about 20 seconds. I did not notice anything burning or sparking.

When I then connected the antenna and restarted the phantom, I get a black screen on my display. All the IOSD mini data shows however perfectly clear. Just the screen itself is black.

Any advice on what may be wrong? I ordered a new transmitter just in case and will try that fix, but could it be anything else? Maybe the cable going to the gopro? Gopro is on and red light is on as normal.

Thanks

Thanks!

I figured it was the trasmitter that got burnt, so I ordered one anyway.

But I was curious why the IOSD overlay was still showing up on my FPV screen if the transmitter was burnt out. the red LED on the transmitter is also still working.

There's possibility that the TX is ok since you are receiving iOSD display on your monitor. It is more than likely you have damaged the ribbon cable at the USB connector.

Do you know where I can order spare ribbon cablees?

Amazon, ebay and bhphotovideo.com or allmost any shop that sells DJI equipment

Do you know where I can order spare ribbon cablees?
My Phantom came with an extra ribbon cable.
You might check and see if they gave you any extra parts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31