FPV Definition Question

Reaction score
Are all Phantom (model 3 and up) aircraft FPV by default? (They all have integral cameras and accommodations for monitors.)

OR

Is there something about utilizing some type of goggles to accomplish true FPV ??

.... just asking

1) Need HDMI module or Litchi with FPV compatible cell phone.
2) Use either Headplay or Fat Sharks or MyBUD glasses with HDMI or the cell phone FPV.

To answer the question: they are not FPV by default. You need a min of $25 for Litchi itself or $ to $$$ for HDMI module and glasses.

You can save $100 on module if you have HDMI out on a tablet used with DJI Go.

I do not understand jpetroski.
1. I do not know what an HDMI module is. I do not know what an "FPV compatible" cellphone is.

Is there some difference between the equipment you describe Vs Phantom 3 with DJI Go and a good tablet? I do not see a functional difference.

Question remains unanswered. Is any Phantom (3 series and up) not already FPV by default?

No it is not by default. Search the forum for the HDMI module and you'll find information. It needs to be purchased separately. The module replaces the current USB connection on the controller as the original factory controller does not have HDMI.

Lots of discussion about HDMI modules. Unfortunately they are all discussing cheap ebay ones, non functioning ones, and interfaces. Non describe what they are, or what they do.
Question still remains unanswered. Is any Phantom (3 series and up) not already FPV by default?

any one?

First person view is seeing what the craft sees as if you were in the pilot's seat. The video link between the Phantom and the tablet or phone used with the remote controller is a simple first person view. You can pilot the craft when it's out of visual range.

There are elaborate FPV systems where you can use things like goggles with head motion control, or VR headsets. To use them, you need an HDMI module. The module replaces the one that comes by default on the stock controller (which only has a large and a small USB port) The HDMI module provides a video output feed that you can connect to a headset. Buy HDMI Output Module (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv/Phantom 4) | DJI Store

You see the same thing using goggles as you do on your tablet or phone screen, but goggles are superior on bright days because the display is shielded and can't be washed out by the sun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav