FPV Camera app and the P4

You may contact Apple and request a refund. In case you have any technical issue, you may use Help > Report a Problem to seek support in the app.
Can you not even plan a mission without having to pay extra.

Hello Guys,

First of all, this app is a beauty and I love it!

My favorite in the app is the Mission Planner / WaypointTarget mode. But today my Phantom 4 crashed in the hillside woods.
That happened right after I tried to pause the flight on my iPadMini and the app stopped to work normally and don't executed the PAUSE in the flight, just sent an sdk error message and the connection is lost right after that.
Tried to reconnect in DJI GO but no success.
Please check this PAUSE bug in the program.
I will try tomorrow to find the crashed Phantom4 in the woods with my friend Phantom 3 from the air.
I have saved the target waypoint file, will fly the same waypoints tomorrow but fly way higher than today and with a fresh DJI GO.
Please wish me good luck to find my loved bird tomorrow.

Thanks!

Reactions: Jussaguy
Reactions: Purog
It kept asking me to pay 2 dollars for it
If you tap "Explore" button to read more under all-in-one free trial, it would explain the details. If you tap "Yes" button, it should show an Apple's pop-up similar below saying "This subscription will start with free trial lasting 1 month..."

IMG_1010_320.jpg

How is 'used' mission data handled in the Phantom? i.e is it deleted when the phantom is powered off or does it just remain in the phantom until the next mission is uploaded?

Hello Guys,

First of all, this app is a beauty and I love it!

My favorite in the app is the Mission Planner / WaypointTarget mode. But today my Phantom 4 crashed in the hillside woods.
That happened right after I tried to pause the flight on my iPadMini and the app stopped to work normally and don't executed the PAUSE in the flight, just sent an sdk error message and the connection is lost right after that.
Tried to reconnect in DJI GO but no success.
Please check this PAUSE bug in the program.
I will try tomorrow to find the crashed Phantom4 in the woods with my friend Phantom 3 from the air.
I have saved the target waypoint file, will fly the same waypoints tomorrow but fly way higher than today and with a fresh DJI GO.
Please wish me good luck to find my loved bird tomorrow.

Thanks!
Sorry for your crash. Flying waypoint mission in the hillside is a bit risky. There are several precautions and known limitations of Phantom (P4 might be better with 2 IMUs) below.
  • Aircraft height (altimeter) may easily vary 15-20m (50-66ft) off the actual height after aircraft flying and heating up several minutes. You are recommended to let IMU warn up properly on the ground especially in cold weather, and set waypoint height minimum 25m (82ft) above any obstacles. Cold IMU calibration trick is NOT recommended which might incur more discrepancy in altimeter reading.

For example, if there is a tree 30m height and you set the first waypoint to 40m above that tree to maintain a 10m gap and the last waypoint is also set to 40m above the same tree after 10 minutes mission flight. The aircraft might reach the first waypoint well above the tree, but when it reaches the last waypoint 10 minutes later, it might hit the tree due to discrepancy of barometer though the altimeter is still reporting 40m height.

If you fly sideways or backward during mission, obstacle avoidance system of Phantom 4 would not help since the sensors are designed for flying forward only.
  • It's recommended to set the last waypoint within visual line-of-sight close to home point and Finish to "RTH" in case of lost control signal during the mission, while aircraft will RTH and auto-land upon completion of mission.
  • For safety reason, you might consider to fly a pre-mission flight with Heading set to RC (and turn off "Auto-Tilt" in Target-WP mission) as a preview to ensure clearing any obstacles. You may control aircraft yaw and gimbal tilting with RC to preview the upcoming mission flight path, and make necessary adjustments. After pre-mission flight, you can switch Heading back to "WP" (and turn "Auto-Tilt" back on in Target-WP mission) for shooting footage.
If you couldn't Pause the mission or connect DJI GO, it's probably due to out of RC range or blocked by trees or hillside.

Wish you can recover your P4 soon and best of luck!

How is 'used' mission data handled in the Phantom? i.e is it deleted when the phantom is powered off or does it just remain in the phantom until the next mission is uploaded?
I'm unsure how Phantom handling mission after "used". I suspect the mission is uploaded and stored in A2 flight controller with very limited storage, and it's gone after mission completion or power cycle. If I were DJI, I would keep a copy of the last 10-20 missions in onboard SD card, like onboard flight log FLY999.DAT.

If you tap "Explore" button to read more under all-in-one free trial, it would explain the details. If you tap "Yes" button, it should show an Apple's pop-up similar below saying "This subscription will start with free trial lasting 1 month..."

IMG_1010_320.jpg
How do you cancel subscription before 1 month lapses?

Thanks PVFlyer.

I guess the more appropriate question I should've asked is "do you need monthly subscription to continuously enjoy the app?"
FPV Camera base app is one-off purchase designed for long range flyers. There are 3 in-app purchase add-ons (Mission Planner, FPV Goggles & Flight Log) on the top of the base app for different needs. You may EITHER buy individual item by typical one-off in-app purchase depending on your needs OR opt for All-In-One (AIO) monthly subscription to include all add-ons with very low monthly fee.

Reactions: Purog
FPV Camera base app is one-off purchase designed for long range flyers. There are 3 in-app purchase add-ons (Mission Planner, FPV Goggles & Flight Log) on the top of the base app for different needs. You may EITHER buy individual item by typical one-off in-app purchase depending on your needs OR opt for All-In-One (AIO) monthly subscription to include all add-ons with very low monthly fee.
Thanks again mate!

This is not very clear when you are in-app. I had the same hesitation. It seemed like I had to put down money to enjoy the free trial which made it non-free. I am not very keen on all this ala carte in-app purchasing - I'd much prefer a much simpler one-price structure with a free trial at first.

Reactions: Jussaguy and Purog
This is not very clear when you are in-app. I had the same hesitation. It seemed like I had to put down money to enjoy the free trial which made it non-free. I am not very keen on all this ala carte in-app purchasing - I'd much prefer a much simpler one-price structure with a free trial at first.
I'm unaware of "much simpler one-price structure" apps offering free trial at first, though you may request Apple for a refund.

Why is there no option to simply pay one price at the very start and get all the options?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the response, it was raining here yesterday so I couldn't put the P4 up, but I played with the FPV Camera app and so far I love it. With my P3 I used Autopilot app, and as much as I liked it, the FPV app is sooooo much easier to use, I can set a waypoint mission up in a matter of minutes. rain stopped a little while ago and the sun is out, gonna take the P4 on her maiden flight here in a little bit!! I'll post how it goes.
It's gonna be raining on and off all weekend unfortunately. Once or twice a month rain during the "rainy season" is a small price to pay to live in paradise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Ley
I think it's fair actually because they are very different things. The alternative is to charge a little more to everyone. I think it's fair purchases and its consumer friendly. This isn't Candy Crush. It's not like they are saying "are you sure you want to RTH, that will be $5".

Hey, I have a great idea for a free P4 app. Any good coders here ;)

Reactions: PVFlyer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20