FPV Camera app and the P4

Why is there no option to simply pay one price at the very start and get all the options?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Unlike other single purpose apps, FPV Camera has 3 very different groups of users. They are mostly non-overlapping groups, and they need/want different add-on features.
  • Long range flyers (Camera + Flight Log) - they are the fundamental group of FPV Camera users back to P2 days in 2014. They have all sorts of directional antennas, RF amplifiers and battery mods to fly 5+ miles one way (10+ miles round trip). They need the auto-zoom and auto-bearing navigation map with pilot wand aiming their antennas to aircraft precisely, and rely on pilot wand showing the shortest return path. They also check the flight log right after landing to analyze their flights. I used to be a long range flyer.
  • Videographers & photographers (Camera + Mission Planner) - they focus on the footage of multi-POI waypoint and panorama shots. Several very experienced pilots in RCGroups own & tested almost every DJI apps, they admit Mission Planner outperforming other apps in terms of multi-POI video quality/stability and easy setup.
  • FPV enthusiast (Camera + FPV Goggles) - they found FPV Goggles is more reliable (no lagging and no crash) than other FPV apps. These are absolutely crucial factors for flying with goggles mode. FPV Goggles has a lot more telemetry data (standard & custom telemetry) and unique navigation map in goggles mode.
FPV Camera opts for flexible in-app purchase pricing instead of one price model to benefit users paying only the features they need/want. Obviously, there are often some buyers never read description in App Store or don't understand in-app purchase model.

As I recalled 1-2 decades ago, I used to buy CDs and each CD contains average about 10 songs. Mostly, I like only 3-4 songs on each CD but I was forced to buy all 10 songs on a CD. I preferred to buy only those songs I like. That's why I go for iTunes buying songs nowadays.

Reactions: Jussaguy
A new beta v3.1 is available. If you have signed up as beta tester, you may update v3.1 beta in TestFlight.

- New: Terrain elevation on Google Map with DEM (digital elevation model) for WP/Target/Home elevation & AFE (Above Field Elevation)
- New: Custom Telemetry of Lowest/Average/Highest Cell Voltage (L.C.V, A.C.V, H.C.V)
- New: Custom Telemetry available in Mission Planner
- Fixed: Custom Warning in Mission Planner
- Fixed: P4 Panorama mode drift issue

Been following this whole thread tonight. Any suggestions on which goggles to get into? I am looking to make cool cinematic looking stuff. Also fly documentary style jobs such as golf courses, some building's ect. I am totally new to the flying with goggles. Is it really cool and should I pursue it to make some jobs easier? Just got the ph4 3 weeks ago btw. Loving it! Been using the Go App mostly. Just purchased the Lichti app last night and gonna try it out asap. Several have said that Lichti is pretty awesome!

Been following this whole thread tonight. Any suggestions on which goggles to get into? I am looking to make cool cinematic looking stuff. Also fly documentary style jobs such as golf courses, some building's ect. I am totally new to the flying with goggles. Is it really cool and should I pursue it to make some jobs easier? Just got the ph4 3 weeks ago btw. Loving it! Been using the Go App mostly. Just purchased the Lichti app last night and gonna try it out asap. Several have said that Lichti is pretty awesome!
Different people have different iPhone and eye problems, such as short-sightedness, farsightedness, presbyopia, astigmatism or combination of several. There is really NO "the best" headset for everybody. You may consider the following factors.
  • iPhone Size: Headset requires big enough to fit your iPhone.
  • Aspherical Lens: Due to serious distortion of spherical lens at 4 corners, we suggest to use aspherical lens headset. FPV Goggles is optimized for aspherical lens headset.
  • Adjustable Focal and Pupil Distance: Different people have different focal and pupil distance in conjunction with different size iPhone. Different people might have different eye problems. Headset is necessary to adjust both focal and pupil distance, as shown below.
  • Fit Your Glasses: If you wear glasses, some headsets allow you wearing glasses fitting the headsets.
  • Magnetic Button: FPV Goggles does NOT require any magnetic button on VR headset, while all the camera controls and settings are done by remote controller with Touchless UI.
  • Heat: Some headsets have closure compartment, and it might cause overheating your iPhone in hot summer.
We have tested a bunch of headsets, and found VR BOX (US$20) is a pretty good option for iPhone 6+ and the app. It fulfills most of the aforementioned considerations. HOMiDO headset (US$80-90) is also a decent choice per feedbacks from FPV Goggles users.

IMG_0936_800.jpg

Really appreciate the reply for sure. So are you talking about goggles that fit over your phone then? Didn't even know that was a possible. I was talking about like a Fat Shark product or something like that. Am I even talking about the same thing here? Lol. Sorry for the dumb questions.

Really appreciate the reply for sure. So are you talking about goggles that fit over your phone then? Didn't even know that was a possible. I was talking about like a Fat Shark product or something like that. Am I even talking about the same thing here? Lol. Sorry for the dumb questions.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but worth to take a look anyway of different solutions FPV Goggles.

Goggles_Comparison.png

Reactions: KevMo Photog
A new beta v3.1 is available. If you have signed up as beta tester, you may update v3.1 beta in TestFlight.

- New: Terrain elevation on Google Map with DEM (digital elevation model) for WP/Target/Home elevation & AFE (Above Field Elevation)
- New: Custom Telemetry of Lowest/Average/Highest Cell Voltage (L.C.V, A.C.V, H.C.V)
This is an example of a mountain terrain mission.
  • Home Elevation: Elevation of planned home point. Once home point is changed or updated upon connecting to RC/aircraft, the elevation and all corresponding AGL of waypoints and targets (POIs) are updated accordingly. The screenshot shows 693m elevation at home point.
  • Waypoint Ground Elevation: Ground level elevation of waypoint. The screenshot shows 794m at waypoint-1 and 884m at waypoint-2 respectively.
  • Target (POI) Ground Elevation: Ground level elevation of target (POI). The screenshot shows 932m at target-1, which is a weather radar station at the peak of mountain. With accurate target (POI) ground elevation, Auto-Tilt gimbal control can focus the targets right at the center of your footage even in various elevation terrain.
  • Height: This is standard DJI planned Height of waypoints and targets above/below home point (as known as AHL - Above Home Level). All waypoint/target/panorama height settings are based on home point. The screenshot shows 150m at waypoint-1 and 180m at waypoint-2 respectively. When you set/adjust the height of waypoint/target/panorama, AGL of waypoint/target/panorama is updated accordingly.
  • AGL (Above Ground Level): This is planned altitude of waypoints and targets above/below the terrain (calculated per Home Elevation + Height - Waypoint/Target Ground Elevation). The screenshot shows 49m at waypoint-1 and -11m at waypoint-2 respectively, while negative value means below terrain elevation. If we fly this mission, aircraft will crash into mountain/tree between waypoint-1 and waypoint-2. AGL also excludes trees, buildings, power line towers or any obstacles in the field, which should be taken into account in planning stage.
IMG_0410_800.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KevMo Photog
Hi

Just a little confused at in app purchases options.

I purchased the camera section last week.

I want to try the flight logs and fpv.

I see €6.99 for logs for straight purchase or an all in €2.99 / MONTH.

If I go for the monthly one and decide that one app is not for me and cancel subscription, that will not mess up the purchase I made of camera will it ?

Also with logs will I be able to see the logs of flights I have done so far (same tablet) ?

Last edited:
Hi

Just a little confused at in app purchases options.

I purchased the camera section last week.

I want to try the flight logs and fpv.

I see €6.99 for logs for straight purchase or an all in €2.99 / MONTH.

If I go for the monthly one and decide that one app is not for me and cancel subscription, that will not mess up the purchase I made of camera will it ?

Also with logs will I be able to see the logs of flights I have done so far (same tablet) ?
If you want to try, the AIO subscription is the proper way as stated on fpvbooster.com below.

All-In-One (AIO) monthly subscription includes 7 days FREE trial where you have full access to ALL in-app purchase add-ons for free.

AIO subscription is perfect for new and existing users willing to try all add-ons 7 days for free before making in-app purchase decision. You may cancel the AIO subscription anytime you like within free trial period at no charge by following Apple's instruction at View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support. AIO subscription is a new pricing option, while the typical one-off In-App Purchase option is also available. This offers more flexible purchasing experience to let you choose which pricing model better fit your needs.

Quick question, should I have DJI Go shut down/closed when running FPV Camera app, or does it not matter?

Quick question, should I have DJI Go shut down/closed when running FPV Camera app, or does it not matter?
FPV Camera does NOT require DJI GO app running in the background. You are recommended to shutdown (double-click home button and swipe out) DJI app to avoid conflict.

Reactions: Jack Ley

A new battery consumption meter is added to beta v3.1. It shows mAh/km (Metric) or mAh/mi (Imperial) in Battery Meter upon takeoff for optimizing economy cruise speed. It's similar to fuel economy (such as MPG or Litres/100km) of a car. This is designed for those long range junkie who need to fly the longest range per battery (including battery mods) and squeeze all the performance of their gears.

Reactions: Sandar
A new FPV Camera v3.1 is released today with the following enhancements.

Mission Planner:
  • New: Terrain elevation on Navigation Map with Waypoint/Target/Home elevation & AGL (Above Ground Level). It helps judging terrain elevation of mountain or valley without guesswork in mission planning.
  • New: Additional support of 4" iPhone 5s/SE (scroll right/down on mission panel)
  • New: Custom Telemetry available
  • New: Manual entry of coordinate (Latitude,Longitude) for waypoint, target and panorama. It allows you to enter or copy-and-paste precise coordinates.
  • New: Adjust the height of all existing waypoints and targets up to +/-100m by batch.
  • Fixed: Custom Warning
  • Fixed: Phantom 4 Panorama mode drift issue
  • Improved: Allow starting Panorama mode only when RC signal is stable.
FPV Goggles:
  • Improved: iPhone camera view for both eyes
  • Fixed: C2 button toggling Settings menu, FPV view & iPhone camera view
Camera:
  • Real-time Battery Consumption meter to show mAh/km (Metric) or mAh/mi (Imperial) for optimizing economy cruise speed. This is designed for those long range junkie who need to fly the longest range per battery and squeeze all the performance of their gears.
Flight Log:
  • New: Custom Telemetry of Left/Right Stick Horizontal/Vertical movement (L.S.H, L.S.V, R.S.H, R.S.V)
General:
  • New: Custom Telemetry of Lowest/Average/Highest Cell Voltage (L.C.V, A.C.V, H.C.V),
  • New: Custom Telemetry of Left/Right Stick Horizontal/Vertical movement (L.S.H, L.S.V, R.S.H, R.S.V). This is useful to let pilots know how much pitch stick applied in conjunction with real-time Battery Consumption to optimize economy travel per battery.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers