FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

As already said, that's a great distance with stock antennas!

Yesterday I did the longest and highest flight so far but was not even near your numbers - I was at approx 500 meters distance at 200 meters altitude and that was very impressive in my eyes :lol:

WebMaximus said:
As already said, that's a great distance with stock antennas!

Yesterday I did the longest and highest flight so far but was not even near your numbers - I was at approx 500 meters distance at 200 meters altitude and that was very impressive in my eyes :lol:
All records in our scoreboard are with stock Wifi on both P2V+ aircraft and repeater.

I suggest you to test range in open area with 640x480 15fps or lower resolution.

Yes, I'll try to go longer. I just need to find a good and open space doing so first.

I just received a pair of Zeiss Cinemizer OLED glasses for my own birthday which is on Sunday so that too will hopefully make me feel a bit more confident doing longer flights when I'm able to more clearly see where I'm flying vs looking at my small Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone screen.

PVFlyer,

Here's my new record, 5,562.7 ft distance. I changed my distance limit to 1.5 miles. I would've pushed it further as I still had strong signals for both my control and FPV but the mosquitoes were eating me alive. My Preview was set at 640 x 480 15fps.

Attachments

• photo3.PNG
    photo3.PNG
    629.4 KB · Views: 477
rbarghini said:
PVFlyer,

Here's my new record, 5,562.7 ft distance. I changed my distance limit to 1.5 miles. I would've pushed it further as I still had strong signals for both my control and FPV but the mosquitoes were eating me alive. My Preview was set at 640 x 480 15fps.
Well done again! I have updated your record to FPV Booster Top-10 Range Scoreboard in the OP, and you are ranking #9. All our scoreboard records are over 1 mile with stock Wifi.

Yes,
When should we expect the android version? :roll:
Extremely excited about using it with the moverio glasses... :eek:
Please give us an ETA. :geek:

Henry said:
When is gonna be next version update?
For Android, we are about to release FPV Booster V2.1 within a week or so.

In general, we are working to apply interference control algorithm (ICA) on the repeater end. In addition, we have been researching to adjust TX power/ICA dynamically and automatically based on different range and environment (rural/urban).

I just purchased the app and I didn't notice a major improvement.
Phantom 2 vision plus updated to 3.06 everything stock with iPhone
I was 450' in altitude and my distance was around 1000' ft before signal was lost and it went into return to home mode.
Should I be expecting more out of it?

Larry9901 said:
I was 450' in altitude and my distance was around 1000' ft before signal was lost and it went into return to home mode.

your return to home mode is your 5.8ghz control issues..not the 2.4ghz.. I would recommend you upgrade your 5.8ghz antenna. this is how I started out. have to go in steps.

Larry9901 said:

Return to home mode is caused by control signal loss, not video signal loss.

Larry9901 said:

The app only boost the FPV signal which is what you are watching on your phone. It does not increase the distance your bird can fly. Could you still see the camera view when it went into RTH mode?

Edit: There are faster typers out there apparently.

rbarghini said:
PVFlyer,

How can you do 5562.7 ft distance and have 67% of batt? :roll:

tizzl10 said:
Larry9901 said:

your return to home mode is your 5.8ghz control issues..not the 2.4ghz.. I would recommend you upgrade your 5.8ghz antenna. this is how I started out. have to go in steps.

What 5.8 antenna would you recommend upgrading to?
And, could you link me to a how to do it if available?
Thanks

Bountyhunter said:
Larry9901 said:

The app only boost the FPV signal which is what you are watching on your phone. It does not increase the distance your bird can fly. Could you still see the camera view when it went into RTH mode?

Gotcha! Thanks.
Yes, I was able to still see the camera view clearly when it went into rth mode.

Alexbar said:
rbarghini said:
PVFlyer,

It depends on speed, altitude and wind. You may refer to a video of mine back in April, I flew about 3km (~10,000ft) with 70% battery left (took off at 84%) without pushing too hard.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYqa3wLYxM[/youtube]

Bountyhunter said:
Larry9901 said:

Thanks guys helping to answer quickly. You all beat me on that. :lol:

PVFlyer said:
Alexbar said:
rbarghini said:
PVFlyer,

It depends on speed, altitude and wind. You may refer to a video of mine back in April, I flew about 3km (~10,000ft) with 70% battery left (took off at 84%) without pushing too hard.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYqa3wLYxM[/youtube]

Amazing.. :)

PVFlyer said:
For Android, we are about to release FPV Booster V2.1 within a week or so.

In general, we are working to apply interference control algorithm (ICA) on the repeater end. In addition, we have been researching to adjust TX power/ICA dynamically and automatically based on different range and environment (rural/urban).
We are likely to release Android version FPV Booster V2.1 within a couple of days, hopefully before this weekend.

PVFlyer said:
We are likely to release Android version FPV Booster V2.1 within a couple of days, hopefully before this weekend.

That would make for a great birthday gift for my birthday on Sunday together with the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED glasses I received a couple of days ago :)

The new features you've mentioned such as automatic and dynamic adjustments depending on the environment you're flying in sounds really interesting!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj